Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 11:52:28 am

Author Topic: MHS Exam Discussion  (Read 5948 times)  Share 

Eyes-_-

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
MHS Exam Discussion
« on: June 02, 2014, 10:21:30 pm »
Hey people on the forum, so I started this post so we could talk bout the MHS exam which is in 12 days as of posting this post  :P. I haven't really seen many people on the forums sitting the exam this year. I also wonder if those who are sitting go to James an so we could talk about the Simulation Test that they had recently. Also any advice from people who may have sat it or maybe just know things please tell me. Especially on verbal and reading comprehension because that is where I am lacking (getting above and high averages in JAC). If your doing the exam and good at English feel free to help me and give me tips and I can help u in numerical and maths if you need help. So good luck to everyone and study hard !  8)  ;D  :D  :)  ;)

forbiddensoulxx

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +44
Re: MHS Exam Discussion
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 07:39:06 am »
Hey there! I am also preparing for the test and did the JAC stimulation test. How did you find it?
VCE
Spoiler
2017: Psychology [45]
2018: Economics [50] Legal Studies [42] Methods [37] Accounting [46] English Language [36]
ATAR: 98.4
Open to tutoring and selling notes for some of these subjects, PM me for more details!

Uni
Spoiler
Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Bachelor of Commerce @ Monash

Novashock

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • someone save me
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 08:19:38 am »
Hey! I also did the simulation test, and I found it really easy! But from what we normally do in JAC, a bit too easy... Is that what comes in the exam, or is what we learn at JAC what comes in the exam.
Especially on verbal and reading comprehension \ numerical and maths
That's the complete opposite for me. I do better in english, but maths I get average-middle in the JAC TT8 exams. For english, i'm always middle-high. Any help is greatly appreciated.
2017 | Psychology
2018 | English, Methods,  HHD, Biology, Chemistry
2019 | BBiomedSc @ Monash University
2022 | MD @ Deakin University

forbiddensoulxx

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 08:40:39 am »
I'm the opposite of you! I always get better in maths than English. I would also appreciate any help!

I would also apr
VCE
Spoiler
2018: Economics [50] Legal Studies [42] Methods [37] Accounting [46] English Language [36]
Open to tutoring and selling notes for some of these subjects, PM me for more details!

Uni
Spoiler

Eyes-_-

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 02:20:49 pm »
Hey Forbiddensoul and Nova. I thought there wasn't anyone who was going to JAC on the AN lol  ;D. So what I thought about the Simulation Test: I finished the maths with 5 mins to go and numerical with 10 mins. All the questions were super easy except a couple were time consuming (which i skipped and came back to).Verbal was easy but im unsure cause im not exactly the best at verbal so i am unsure( finished with 5 mins to go). Now reading comp... well when the time was up I had 10 questions/2 passages to go. What happened was that my JAC teacher only gave us 25 mins for the test and only realised 1 hour later when everyone was depressed cause they thought they had failed reading comp. Then she decided to give us that 5 mins that she derped on :P. So yeah, I spent 1 minute rubbing out and 4 mins speed reading the last two passages ( luckily they were super short and could be read fully in like 30 secs).I thought my analytical was good and had good arguments but it was an easy topic. For creative well... I had a bad story  :-X. Its not that im bad a creative just that i couldnt think. So what did you think ? Its ok if you dont wanna say but ill be telling you guys what i got on my test when i get the results this saturday (unless i did really bad). For normal JAC test all my topics never get below high average. In the last 8 weeks my lowest in maths and numerical was 75% but i usually get mid to high 80s. For reading and verbal well my percentage isnt good but thats cause most ppl at JAC are horrible at english and after one year the average is still like 55%. if you get high 60s plz help me lol and if u give me ur email i may be able to send u info like what i did and what i studied (topics mainly for maths). Overall my normal JAC results are 50% of the time i get above average 25% for high average and 25% for superior. Although when i started i would get constant superiors I guess JAC ppl have improved tonnes since then lol.  8) ;D :D ;) :) :P

SKGUN11

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • 9+10=21
  • School: John Monash Science School
  • School Grad Year: 2017
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 05:11:43 pm »
How to do verbal reasoning quickly? Like wierd questions like the fligs and flogs questions? (2 flogs are 3 fligs, x flogs are y fligs, and t sogs and b tigs.)
:D

radicalness123

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 07:28:26 pm »
Hey Forbiddensoul and Nova. I thought there wasn't anyone who was going to JAC on the AN lol  ;D. So what I thought about the Simulation Test: I finished the maths with 5 mins to go and numerical with 10 mins. All the questions were super easy except a couple were time consuming (which i skipped and came back to).Verbal was easy but im unsure cause im not exactly the best at verbal so i am unsure( finished with 5 mins to go). Now reading comp... well when the time was up I had 10 questions/2 passages to go. What happened was that my JAC teacher only gave us 25 mins for the test and only realised 1 hour later when everyone was depressed cause they thought they had failed reading comp. Then she decided to give us that 5 mins that she derped on :P. So yeah, I spent 1 minute rubbing out and 4 mins speed reading the last two passages ( luckily they were super short and could be read fully in like 30 secs).I thought my analytical was good and had good arguments but it was an easy topic. For creative well... I had a bad story  :-X. Its not that im bad a creative just that i couldnt think. So what did you think ? Its ok if you dont wanna say but ill be telling you guys what i got on my test when i get the results this saturday (unless i did really bad). For normal JAC test all my topics never get below high average. In the last 8 weeks my lowest in maths and numerical was 75% but i usually get mid to high 80s. For reading and verbal well my percentage isnt good but thats cause most ppl at JAC are horrible at english and after one year the average is still like 55%. if you get high 60s plz help me lol and if u give me ur email i may be able to send u info like what i did and what i studied (topics mainly for maths). Overall my normal JAC results are 50% of the time i get above average 25% for high average and 25% for superior. Although when i started i would get constant superiors I guess JAC ppl have improved tonnes since then lol.  8) ;D :D ;) :) :P
I do james an in Mitcham and I need help with persuasive and reading i can help for something else though

tryingtobesmart

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 07:29:22 pm »
How to do verbal reasoning quickly? Like wierd questions like the fligs and flogs questions? (2 flogs are 3 fligs, x flogs are y fligs, and t sogs and b tigs.)
Ahah, these were my favourite type of questions. :)
You construct "venn diagrams" for these.
This link might help.. http://www.indiabix.com/verbal-reasoning/venn-diagrams/

radicalness123

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 07:47:49 pm »
Anyone have example of argumentative

SKGUN11

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • 9+10=21
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2014, 08:40:18 pm »
Ahah, these were my favourite type of questions. :)
You construct "venn diagrams" for these.
This link might help.. http://www.indiabix.com/verbal-reasoning/venn-diagrams/
thanks  ;D

Novashock

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • someone save me
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2014, 04:51:58 pm »
In the last 8 weeks my lowest in maths and numerical was 75% but i usually get mid to high 80s. For reading and verbal well my percentage isnt good but thats cause most ppl at JAC are horrible at english and after one year the average is still like 55%. if you get high 60s plz help me lol and if u give me ur email i may be able to send u info like what i did and what i studied (topics mainly for maths). Overall my normal JAC results are 50% of the time i get above average 25% for high average and 25% for superior.
For english, i get around 70%-75%, and for writing, the lowest I got was 16/20, because I came late. Maths I used to get around 40% when I started, and it's been like 6 weeks since the (yes I started JAC 7 weeks ago) but now I get around 55%. One of my problems are that I don't read the question properly, so I get the wrong answer, and that I just can't recheck my work, no matter how hard I try! I tend to skip questions or not read them at all and be like "Oh first time I read it I got this answer so it must be right" Also I procrastinate sooo much instead of studying. For example, right now I should be practising for my mid year exams that I have tomorrow, but i'm watching videos. I'm so nervous and over confident right now. I'm like I want the day to come cause the simulation test was easy, but I probably got a lot wrong and i'll fail the actual exam. At the same time, i'm like the exam is too hard and the later it is, the better for me. Add the fact that I was away half of term 1, and my mid years are in the same week as the exam,  and you kinda know what sort of position I'm in.
2017 | Psychology
2018 | English, Methods,  HHD, Biology, Chemistry
2019 | BBiomedSc @ Monash University
2022 | MD @ Deakin University

forbiddensoulxx

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2014, 05:59:50 pm »
What results did you guys get? I got my results today, and I'm not too satisfied.

Creative Essay: 15/20

Analytical Essay- 16/20

Reading Comprehension- 55% (Middle)

Verbal Reasoning- 52% (Higher)

Mathematics- 83% (Above)

Numerical Reasoning- 86% (Top)
VCE
Spoiler

Uni
Spoiler

SKGUN11

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • 9+10=21
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2014, 06:04:43 pm »
What results did you guys get? I got my results today, and I'm not too satisfied.

Creative Essay: 15/20

Analytical Essay- 16/20

Reading Comprehension- 55% (Middle)

Verbal Reasoning- 52% (Higher)

Mathematics- 83% (Above)

Numerical Reasoning- 86% (Top)
Is this for JAC? If it is then that is really good. In general, it is pretty good. You got yourself nothing under average.

forbiddensoulxx

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2014, 06:12:13 pm »
Is this for JAC? If it is then that is really good. In general, it is pretty good. You got yourself nothing under average.

Yeah, it was for JAC. Really? I was aiming for 60+ for English. I was pretty happy with Maths though.
VCE
Spoiler

Uni
Spoiler

Eyes-_-

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2014, 12:41:20 pm »
JAC Simulation Test Results:
Maths:   91% (Superior)
Numerical:   86% (Superior)
Reading Comp.:   50% (Middle)
Verbal:   60% (Higher)
Analytical: 16/20
Creative:17.5/20

I think I did well except for verbal and reading. For reading comp I don't usually get so low but my JAC teacher accidentally gave us 25 mins and then didn't give us the last 5 mins so yeah... Some people who used to get Highest (80%) in their reading comp got like 55%. In our class the highest for reading was like 56% so yeah (cause everyone guessed the last 10 questions).