Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 09:00:41 pm

Author Topic: Better late than never  (Read 2310 times)

supR

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +4
Better late than never
« on: July 24, 2018, 05:04:06 pm »
+7
Well, I only started using AN more than the fabled BoredOfStudies recently, so I thought this would be a cool idea to start a journal.
Read a bunch of other people's and these looked fun :)

A bit about me:
I have attended the same school since kindergarten in south sydney, and have only started this journal in the final term of the HSC (Oops). I do 10 units made up of Maths Ext 1, Maths Ext 2, English Advanced, Physics and Chemistry (boring, I know). I mean, these were fun subjects until we started having to grind the shit out of them for trials, which start tomorrow so I'm not sure why I am writing this journal. Other than that, I am also on the SRC and the debating team which is pretty fun! The year group is pretty good, mostly a bunch of top kids who are really competitive, but our school has greater performance in the arts and english rather than science or maths, represented by our abysmal record of b6's in those subject LOL rip me.

Goals:
My ability to flip between goals is astounding, so don't hold your breath with these ones. I currently want to get a 96 ATAR so I can study Combined Law at UTS, mainly because it is achievable (Unlike USYD) and is a short walk from Central :P

Overall, I just hope to have an enjoyable time in my HSC (once trials finish) and cherish the moments I spend dicking around in and between classes.

HSC 2018 - 98.50 ATAR
Please check out my Youtube c: I upload every Tuesday and Friday c: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1c_bBjSE6oNNYgt4CK0DA

supR

• Trailblazer
Re: Better late than never
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 11:54:59 am »
+2
Well hello hello trials started today D:

Had Paper 1 first, that was pretty tough - surprised it was a CSSA paper considering we aren't a catholic school  :o

Short answer OMG it was 3 marks, 3 marks, 3 marks, 6 marks --> Literally never seen this before, but I think I did well in 2/3 3 markers, and maybe the 6 marker. 12+/15 would be super awesome :P

Creative, I have mixed feelings. I tied my prelearnt creative to the stimulus well *I think* but idk how they'll take it, so I'm hoping again 12+/15

Essay, question was on "Any significant discovery has both short and long term effects" or something like that. I think I went well although my linking was very explicit xD Hopefully at 13+/15 for that one.

Honestly, my goal was 40.5+/45 (90%), but I'd be happy with 80%+ at this point, just glad it is over

Time to move on to Paper 2, Hamlet is gonna kill me  :(
HSC 2018 - 98.50 ATAR
Please check out my Youtube c: I upload every Tuesday and Friday c: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1c_bBjSE6oNNYgt4CK0DA

LochNess Monster

• Forum Regular
  • I speak Chinglish!
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 01:10:27 pm »
+1
Oh! Good luck!!!  ;)

And don't worry. Hamlet kills all of us. He pretty much kills everyone in his OWN play anyways. Go big or go home. Revenge, am I right?  ::)

I think I speak for everyone when I say...Trials is stresssing us all. So don't worry. We're so close to the Finish Line. Ganbatte!!!
ATAR: 89.55
⸜( ˙ ˘ ˙)/ ・゚☆✧ Sometimes wrong numbers are the right numbers ~ Cecelia Ahern

☽ “But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.” - Yeats

supR

• Trailblazer
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 05:24:12 pm »
+2
Well hello hello continuation of trials today

Had Paper 2, surprisingly enough felt better after it than the discovery paper :O

Hooooping for Mod A 18+/20, Mod B 16-17+/20, Mod C 18+/20

I feel like I answered everything pretty well, Mod B was definitely lacking so tbh a 14-15 wouldn't surprise me ://
Went kinda weird with Mod C, coz the context of the Avatar film (blue people one) is based around Iraq War (Not explicitly, but somewhat) and I referenced the RDA as the US invading Iraq for oil, and I legit wrote that LOL! I feel like that was a bit too far, oopsy

Overall, pretty happy :P
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 05:28:10 pm by supR »
HSC 2018 - 98.50 ATAR

supR

• Trailblazer
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 08:04:45 pm »
+1
Suppppp

So kpop is a thing in my life now lol --> Actually so in love
Bias is blackpink c:

Anyyyyways, I should be studying for my Ext 2 trial tomorrow because... well it's tomorrow but I've managed to procrastinate a toooooonne today.

I think I'll do well, considering our school's past papers aren't that hard, but our teacher can be kinda loopy so if she puts really hard questions in I won't be surprised ://
HSC 2018 - 98.50 ATAR

supR

• Trailblazer
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 03:13:07 pm »
+2
Hello hello! This is my one free day between trials and school tomorrow :P

An update needs to be had considering I haven't replied since 4U, so here it is.
4U was very hard, so nice foresight in my previous reply NOT. She put some questions in there with little direction when they normally do have direction, and that made it difficult as I was pretty rusty on a few things. Overall I'm happy-ish with how I did, and I think I'll still keep my 2/6 rank which is gooood.

Chemistry was REALLY weird, every question was 1, 2 or 3 marks?? Like what?? I mean it made it "easier" in some instances, but it didn't feel like an accurate depiction of the HSC you know? There were some questions I know I'll only get 1/2 or 2/3 for, but I'm hoping that it overall comes out as 90% :)

Physics as a bit more realistic, and the multiple choice was the hardest fxxking thing I've seen in a while. Honestly I reckon I spent an hour+ across the whole exam doing the multis, and still wouldn't be surprised if I got 10/20 lmao.

Honestly quite glad that trials is over, but I didn't feel the oomph of stress that everyone warned about in my years leading up to year 12. That doesn't mean I was prepared lmao, I think I was just burnt out and stopped caring that much. I guess my reflection is that I'm thankful I studied hard before the trials studied, coz I got nothing done except the night before each exam after Paper 2 was done xD

Although I have no results back, I feel as though Paper 1 and Chemistry were let downs but we'll see I guess. Time to move onto the HSC and I honestly have no idea where to start, think I might just take a hard break for a while so see :)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 03:20:27 pm by supR »
HSC 2018 - 98.50 ATAR

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 03:27:48 pm »
+1
I guess my reflection is that I'm thankful I studied hard before the trials studied, coz I got nothing done except the night before each exam after Paper 2 was done xD

I think this is really important! Definitely something you can take into account for the HSC. :)

Nice work!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

supR

• Trailblazer
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2018, 07:21:18 am »
+1
Hello Hello again...

We've got our trial results back except English, and I'm quite astounded.
Got 97% in 3U, 2nd which puts me 3rd/18 overall :D
Got 93% in Physics, 2nd which puts me 4th/18 overall :D
Got 85% in Chemistry, 3rd which puts me on a THREE-WAY-TIE 5th/18 --> Could've really done better D:
Got 71% in 4U, 3rd which puts me 2nd/6 overall --> Kinda a choke, but it was due to my lack of effort soooo ://

I should really have started studying for externals this week but I'm seriously tired when I get home everyday from school so that's not helping. And there is definitely a lot I still need to cover so I better start soon.

On other things, I'm in our Yr11-12 debating team this year, and for the HICES Open division we are into the semi finals!!! My school has only ever made it to the round of 16 in Yr11-12 division so we are really excited. And depending who won yesterday, we could be flying to Coolangatta to have our next debate :O
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 07:23:21 am by supR »
HSC 2018 - 98.50 ATAR

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2018, 09:48:26 am »
+1
Hello Hello again...

We've got our trial results back except English, and I'm quite astounded.
Got 97% in 3U, 2nd which puts me 3rd/18 overall :D
Got 93% in Physics, 2nd which puts me 4th/18 overall :D
Got 85% in Chemistry, 3rd which puts me on a THREE-WAY-TIE 5th/18 --> Could've really done better D:
Got 71% in 4U, 3rd which puts me 2nd/6 overall --> Kinda a choke, but it was due to my lack of effort soooo ://

I should really have started studying for externals this week but I'm seriously tired when I get home everyday from school so that's not helping. And there is definitely a lot I still need to cover so I better start soon.

On other things, I'm in our Yr11-12 debating team this year, and for the HICES Open division we are into the semi finals!!! My school has only ever made it to the round of 16 in Yr11-12 division so we are really excited. And depending who won yesterday, we could be flying to Coolangatta to have our next debate :O

Amazing results! Congrats. :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.