Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 09:08:30 pm

Author Topic: Nine Days Paragraph help pls  (Read 636 times)  Share 

Whateven_life

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Nine Days Paragraph help pls
« on: October 19, 2019, 11:28:54 pm »
Hi,i was wondering if someone could please give me some feedback on this body paragraph on Nine days (also this is my first post so i don't really know how it all works)

Jordan applauds the act of selflessness as well as accepting help when need be through her inclusion of symbolism. The characters’ connection to the pendant is linked to their description when first mentioning it. Francis merely describes it as a ‘purple gem on a gold chain’ whereas Annabel, who is deeply attached to the pendant, describes it in more depth; ‘a purple jewel an inch long, set in gold, hanging on a fine chain and warm coloured” These descriptions express the selflessness of the characters and highlight the stark difference in personality between them. Jordan presents Francis as a morally ambiguous person, asking the readers to think about what they would do in order to get what they want and maintain an air of respect and stature in society.  Furthermore, Annabel is shown to be a generous person, trying to take care of her ‘alcoholic’ father despite ‘All of Richmond’ knowing about her home life. This reminds Jordan’s audience of the toxicity of society’s views and how this impacted both characters and people in real life. Additionally, the pendant acts to highlight how it is important to accept help in times of need, warning that ignorance can lead to people ‘waiting for a wife and children who never came’. This leaves Jordan’s readers with a haunting understanding of societal pressures and how it can lead an acceptance of a life of loneliness. Annabel accepts the pendant from Kip when Francis attempts to take it back, this small action causes a multitude of events, including Kip and Annabel starting a family together and Charlotte gaining a semblance of control in her life when she uses the pendant to find out that she’s pregnant and again to decide that she is keeping the baby.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 11:32:52 pm by Whateven_life »