Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 12:28:37 am

Author Topic: Didn’t attend a workshop?!?  (Read 689 times)  Share 

userrrname

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +7
Didn’t attend a workshop?!?
« on: March 11, 2019, 09:04:33 am »
Hey guys, so it’s my second week at uni and I had a workshop this morning. I need to wake up my 6:30 to make it on time as I live over an hour and a half away. The thing is, I woke up really late today and won’t make it in time. Idk how this happened and now I’m panicking because monash has a policy that says you need to attend all workshops. Will i fail the unit because of this? I’m really worried :(

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: Didn’t attend a workshop?!?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 10:07:04 am »
+1
Depends on the unit. Most units give a small leeway, such that if you miss or are really late to one, it won’t affect you passing or failing on attendance. I’d check the unit guide on the attendance rate and explain the situation to the unit coordinator, trying to see if attending another one (assuming no assessment occurred in this workshop) will make up for it instead. In the meantime, check when other sessions are and see if you can slot yourself in, explaining to the teacher what happened and if it’d be okay to join for the week. Usually, as long as no assessment was supposed to occur in the workshop and it isn’t full, most are generally fairly happy to accommodate one more (especially since class changes usually still happen this early in semester), as long as this situation remains a rare occurrence.

EDIT: I moved your post from the General Uni Discussion board to the Monash board as I thought it might be more appropriate there and so you could get more situation-specific advice. :) 
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 02:36:37 pm by AngelWings »
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread