Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 10:05:56 am

Author Topic: Rev your engines, F1 and Supercars are in Melbourne!  (Read 6173 times)  Share 

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
  • Respect: +2790
Rev your engines, F1 and Supercars are in Melbourne!
« on: March 22, 2018, 06:26:21 pm »
+3
And here they come, down the straight: Formula 1 and Supercars are in town! At the same time!! :o
Any fellow rev-heads coming? Who do you barrack for? Who do you think will win? Who's your favourite/least favourite driver (in whatever you follow - F1 and/or Supercars) and why?

Looking forward to hearing people's thoughts.
See you at Albert Park!  ;D
Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating

MissSmiley

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +84
Re: Rev your engines, F1 and Supercars are in Melbourne!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 06:33:02 pm »
+2
I really really don't like car racing and anything to do with cars, but you know for some reason F1 sounds super super fun!!!  ;D ;D
But school work never lets me go  >:( >:(
Looks like you're a fan aren't you?!!
Are you going to their practice session tomorrow arvo?  :D

2017 : Further Maths [38]
2018 : English [45] ;English Language [43] ; Food Studies [47] ;French [33] ;Legal Studies [39]
VCE ATAR : 98.10
2019 - 2023 : Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Arts at Monash University

I'm selling a huge electronic copy of  VCE English essays and resources document (with essays that have teacher feedback and marks) for $10. Feel free to PM me for details!

Vaike

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +236
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 06:41:53 pm »
+2
I'm super excited! I'm an avid Formula 1 fan, have been as long as I can remember. Weather forecast is looking a bit dicey this weekend (rain rain go away) so I'm not quite sure what will be the go in regards to attending the event, but honestly I can't wait for the season to get underway. Here's a picture I took of Webber a couple years back at turn 9.

Spoiler

Obviously I'm rooting for Ricciardo, not only is he a great racer, but seems to be a top bloke as well. Hoping for some close racing this year (pls have mercy Mercedes)!

Poet

• Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 08:10:39 pm »
+2
Great to hear your thoughts!
To answer MissSmiley: HECK YEAH I'M A FAN!! Went to Bathurst last year for Supercars; the best experience of my life, even if the outcome of the race was disappointing...
Been studying my butt off to get to the Melbourne races this Saturday.
I follow both, but mostly I'm a Supercars fan (classic Aussie, I still call them 'V8s', haha  ::))
Rooting for Ricky in F1, he's a great guy. Hamilton is a fantastic driver, but he's just too up himself. If I was going to pick a second, it would be Kimi Raikkonen. Webber's too good looking, it's unnatural...
Here's a picture I took of Webber a couple years back at turn 9.

Spoiler

I love that photo, it's fantastic, Vaike!!
Mine are poorer quality, but you get the gist of it. Van Gisbergen on Winton track 2016 attached below. :)

In Supercars, I just changed teams from 888 Racing/Vortex (Craig Lowndes) to Shell V-Power Racing (the up-and-coming McLaughlin). Been barracking for Lowndsey for my whole 18 years of life, so it's a pretty big step. However, McLaughlin got poll position in qualifying just before, so here's to a win in rainy Melbourne! ;D

edit: actually let's hope it *not* rainy...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 08:14:29 pm by secretly_a_poet »

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 11:10:58 am »
+1
Not a huge fan but did go to the raceday last year and usually do watch at least the aus GP or parts of it.

Not too sure who to support.

Poet

• Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 01:37:48 pm »
+1
Not a huge fan but did go to the raceday last year and usually do watch at least the aus GP or parts of it.

Not too sure who to support.

A lot like me and footy, actually; I know nothing about it (not even the teams... is that bad?) but I enjoy watching people running into each other and staggering around chasing a ball every now-and-again. (No offense to any footy-lovers out there) ;D

Really disappointed in the outcome of the races yesterday. Everyone skidding about on slick tires in the rain!
Also Hamilton needs to chill, he's a freak - I feel like he just needs to give other racers a fighting chance sometimes!! And in Supercars, it was Scott Pye's inaugural win, his first ever, and it was in the rain, which was pretty impressive. His performance was described as "maestro" by the commentators, and it's true because he kept his cool with Whincup on his tail! (Which is not something many drivers can do, so kudos to him.)
Currently watching the Sunday races on TV, I hope Ricciardo in F1 does well this time. (Also Webber is REALLY attractive, I mean damn those cheekbones...)

We'll see how it turns out.  ;)

radnan11

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2018, 07:50:44 pm »
+2
Interesting F1 race today, happy to see McLaren and Nando in a competitive position, felt bad for Haas with both cars out.

Poet

• Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2018, 09:02:43 am »
+1
Interesting F1 race today, happy to see McLaren and Nando in a competitive position, felt bad for Haas with both cars out.

A lot better weather yesterday, the racers did well. It was a really good race, the last few laps especially!
I agree, it's great to see McLaren up there in 5th, it was a really good performance. Also quite glad that Raikkonen finished up in third, Vettel in first. Ferrari with the comeback!
Daniel Ricciardo in fourth position was a great achievement for Red Bull Racing as well, slowly but surely racking up those points. :)

What an exciting weekend! Already looking forward to next year!

deepshika1

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 08:17:22 pm »
I'm super excited! I'm an avid Formula 1 fan, have been as long as I can remember. Weather forecast is looking a bit dicey this weekend (rain rain go away) so I'm not quite sure what will be the go in regards to attending the event, but honestly I can't wait for the season to get underway. Here's a picture I took of Webber a couple years back at turn 9.

Spoiler

Obviously I'm rooting for Ricciardo, not only is he a great racer, but seems to be a top bloke as well. Hoping for some close racing this year (pls have mercy Mercedes)!

Amazing picture!!!
I can't wait to go there!