Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:15:13 am

Author Topic: Not sure what subject to do in year 12?  (Read 320 times)  Share 

sharpemi

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Not sure what subject to do in year 12?
« on: July 29, 2019, 08:24:56 pm »
Hi everyone,
I'm going into year 12 next year and I'm really unsure about one of my subjects.
This year I'm doing:
English
General Maths
German
3/4 Business
VET Fashion/Textiles
Psychology

I kind of fell into the whole "psychology isn't a real science" thing and it was one of only subjects that would work with my timetable so I picked it. Problem is I hate like 80% of the content apart from the more social psych parts. I love the teacher and some of my best friends are in that class but they're all changing subjects so its unlikely we'll be in the same class next year.

I think I'd like to pick up legal or another humanities subject (maybe history) but my friends are really disliking unit 4 legal so I don't know. Scaling isn't a massive concern because the corses I'm looking at don't need a massively high ATAR but I'd still like to do pretty well.

I'd appreciate any advice because I'm really stuck with what to do.
Thank you xxx

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: Not sure what subject to do in year 12?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 08:36:12 pm »
Hey,

I'd recommend you look at the study designs for the subjects you're interested in so you have a better idea of what next year's content is and can make a more informed choice :) I'm glad you're not focused on picking a subject for scaling - scaling is generally designed to remove advantage/disadvantage for doing a particular subject (except w/ languages) so picking a subject you like less for the scaling is a bad idea.