Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 07:06:17 pm

Author Topic: So who else got rejected?  (Read 9842 times)  Share 

qwerty124

• Trailblazer
  • None
  • Respect: +2
So who else got rejected?
« on: August 11, 2019, 07:45:16 pm »
Just wanted to see who didn't get in
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 05:51:54 pm by qwerty124 »

babyhales

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Re: So who else got rejected?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 07:48:15 pm »
Slim but existent. PD, Second and Third Round Offers exist. I got PD when all my hopes were lost and I never wanted to wake up and get out of bed again. I was crushed. Now I am on the brim with stress, but it gives me something to work for.

babyhales

• Forum Regular
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 08:09:13 pm »
When do you think any of those miracles will occur?

If you haven’t gotten a PD by now, well I would have to say I don’t think you will be getting one at all. Second Round Offers are next week - the week after that. Third Round Offers are anytime after that till November. Stay hopeful. And then there’s JMSS, EBSS or Year 10/11 Entry for these schools.

CHA0021

• Trailblazer
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 09:14:05 pm »
When do you think any of those miracles will occur?

how did you get a PD after getting rejected

babyhales

• Forum Regular
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019, 09:17:55 pm »
how did you get a PD after getting rejected

I got rejected on Wednesday night at about 10pm, not going to lie, I cried for hours. I need(ed) a fresh start, and I thought MGHS could be that for me. The next morning I was at school and received a phone call from my dad (8:30am) he had just gotten an email saying I had been invited to apply for a PD. I was so stoked I burst into tears and my BFF who is going to MHS was slightly crying too. Others from my school got the emails later in the day and also after school, I was the first one in my school to get a PD

CHA0021

• Trailblazer
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 09:26:38 pm »
I got rejected on Wednesday night at about 10pm, not going to lie, I cried for hours. I need(ed) a fresh start, and I thought MGHS could be that for me. The next morning I was at school and received a phone call from my dad (8:30am) he had just gotten an email saying I had been invited to apply for a PD. I was so stoked I burst into tears and my BFF who is going to MHS was slightly crying too. Others from my school got the emails later in the day and also after school, I was the first one in my school to get a PD

do you reckon two kids from the same school will get PDs

babyhales

• Forum Regular
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2019, 09:29:13 pm »
do you reckon two kids from the same school will get PDs

Yes! That can certainly happen. If two kids from the same school are both amazing, and stand out from the rest of the candidates, they can both get PD’s

DrDusk

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +130
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2019, 09:31:19 pm »
+2
Just wanted to chip in my thoughts after reading comments of how people feel after being rejected by a selective school.

Firstly it's totally alright to be rejected. Your only in year 6, you've got 6 years of your schooling left to work hard. Not getting into a selective school is completely fine. I missed out by like 1 mark because I couldn't write an essay properly. There's no need to feel that upset about it =)

At the end of the day it's not the school which defines the student, but rather the student which defines the school. You can do well no matter where you go as long as you work for it.

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
  • yes, it’s true i suck at math
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2019, 10:09:43 pm »
Just wanted to chip in my thoughts after reading comments of how people feel after being rejected by a selective school.

Firstly it's totally alright to be rejected. Your only in year 6, you've got 6 years of your schooling left to work hard. Not getting into a selective school is completely fine. I missed out by like 1 mark because I couldn't write an essay properly. There's no need to feel that upset about it =)

At the end of the day it's not the school which defines the student, but rather the student which defines the school. You can do well no matter where you go as long as you work for it.
hm I can tell you're a NSW student, the selective entry schools here in Victoria range from years 9-12. So unfortunately we're not in year 6 :)

m.yara184

• Trendsetter
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2019, 10:12:40 pm »

We are in year 8 actually

DrDusk

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +130
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2019, 10:57:57 pm »
hm I can tell you're a NSW student, the selective entry schools here in Victoria range from years 9-12. So unfortunately we're not in year 6 :)
My bad, but the same concept applies

CHA0021

• Trailblazer
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2019, 02:50:21 pm »
Are second round offers subject to the 5% rule?

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
  • yes, it’s true i suck at math
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2019, 03:42:10 pm »
Are second round offers subject to the 5% rule?
I have the same question lol
but I’m pretty sure?

Louis23

• Forum Regular
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2019, 05:36:32 pm »
So far I haven't received any emails/letters yet, justa rejection letter from about 4 days ago. I'm losing all hope ;(

Don't worry, i'm in your same situation. But I've heard that the 2nd round offers only start coming on the 15th of August (1 week after 1st round offers) as they get a clear understanding as to how many people are decline and accepting. As for PD if you didnt receive anything on august 8th your not going to get a PD.
Good luck and i really hope i can get a 2nd round, btw what school are u trying out for.

CHA0021

• Trailblazer
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2019, 07:31:51 pm »
I have the same question lol
but I’m pretty sure?

can someone give a certain answer