Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 09:19:05 am

Author Topic: Struggling with chem  (Read 2602 times)  Share 

TooLazy

• Trendsetter
  • 2014 Forest Hills Drive
  • Respect: +23
Struggling with chem
« on: February 27, 2017, 09:33:22 pm »
+2
Chem is probably my worst subject aswell as my least favourite. Im stuck with it now though.
I was wondering, how can I pull off a decent score this year (high 30's).
Is it difficult? Also I kinda slept through year 11 chem which is punishing me now.

Should I just go crazy with practice questions and exams? ???
Idk what to do  :-\
Future engineer

Quantum44

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +313
Re: Struggling with chem
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 09:38:42 pm »
+1
Chem is probably my worst subject aswell as my least favourite. Im stuck with it now though.
I was wondering, how can I pull off a decent score this year (high 30's).
Is it difficult? Also I kinda slept through year 11 chem which is punishing me now.

Should I just go crazy with practice questions and exams? ???
Idk what to do  :-\

Embrace the beauty of chemistry. High 30s is definitely still achievable at this early stage of the year but you need to focus on your weaknesses and be willing to work hard. Hell if you out in the effort over 40 is possible. The key is to identify your weaknesses and work through the parts you don't understand in chem 1/2, then if you do plenty of practice questions you will completely understand the topic.
UAdel MBBS

TooLazy

• Trendsetter
  • 2014 Forest Hills Drive
  • Respect: +23
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 09:52:40 pm »
+2
Embrace the beauty of chemistry. High 30s is definitely still achievable at this early stage of the year but you need to focus on your weaknesses and be willing to work hard. Hell if you out in the effort over 40 is possible. The key is to identify your weaknesses and work through the parts you don't understand in chem 1/2, then if you do plenty of practice questions you will completely understand the topic.

I know what you mean, but I just struggle with understanding it.
I barely have time to ask the teacher for help and I lack any motivation.
Future engineer

Quantum44

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 07:31:39 am »
I know what you mean, but I just struggle with understanding it.
I barely have time to ask the teacher for help and I lack any motivation.

You have 4 subjects this year so you definitely have the time to get a good score in chem. The key to being motivated to put in the work is to feel on top of the course and feel like your work is being rewarded with good marks. At this stage this isn't happening but the more ground work you do, the better you will do and the more you will feel the desire to work hard and study. You could also get a tutor to accelerate you through the parts of 1/2 you missed and get you going on learning and understanding 3/4.
UAdel MBBS

BDMAT

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 07:05:57 pm »
So i finished all the topic in my year 12 chemistry book. I completed all the questions. When I tried an exam, then I could not complete lot of the questions. Please help. How do I improve. I dont have anymore questions to do to improve. Topic like galvanic, electrolysis and redox questions wold help.

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 07:16:22 pm »
+1
So i finished all the topic in my year 12 chemistry book. I completed all the questions. When I tried an exam, then I could not complete lot of the questions. Please help. How do I improve. I dont have anymore questions to do to improve. Topic like galvanic, electrolysis and redox questions wold help.
Have you tried Checkpoints? Those have literally hundreds of exam-style questions in them, haha. :)
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2017, 07:44:25 pm »

Hey BDMAT! Welcome to the forums. :)

Have you tried the ATAR Notes Chemistry topic tests? Many, many questions - and each comes with a worked solution. ;D

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

dribeiro

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2017, 02:27:34 pm »
+4

Also something extra to consider - how well did you understand the questions in your chemistry book? Perhaps you could try reviewing these questions and the associated content if you did not understand them fully when you initially did them :)

princessofpersia

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 07:41:11 pm »
+4
You have 4 subjects this year so you definitely have the time to get a good score in chem. The key to being motivated to put in the work is to feel on top of the course and feel like your work is being rewarded with good marks. At this stage this isn't happening but the more ground work you do, the better you will do and the more you will feel the desire to work hard and study. You could also get a tutor to accelerate you through the parts of 1/2 you missed and get you going on learning and understanding 3/4.

I really like you. :)

Quantum44

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2017, 08:20:13 pm »
+4
I really like you. :)

Well I guess I must be an awesome person ;)

Just like everyone on AN
UAdel MBBS