Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:51:39 am

Author Topic: can i get thoughts on my mod b intro pls  (Read 1378 times)

davidss

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
can i get thoughts on my mod b intro pls
« on: April 20, 2017, 06:52:49 pm »
Owing to its use of the objective correlative in shaping his polysemic Modernist poems, T.S. Eliot’s The Love Song of J Alfred Prufrock (1915) and The Hollow Men (1925) continues to enhance a reader’s appreciation of the power of literature to sustain ideas of the human experience through the masterful use of construction, content and language that form an enduring textual integrity. These bolster the play’s critical examination of the psychological effects a corrupted environment had on the individual. The Love Song of J Alfred Prufrock, through the lens of the persona examines an individual’s disconnection stemming from the industrialisation of a Romantic urban social climate. Through an allegorical portrayal however, The Hollow Men similarly explores the erosion of the moral principles that form the crux of humanity as a result of Eliot’s horrific experience of World War One (WW1) and British Imperialism. Despite decades of critical analysis, new meanings are constantly formed, and it is through this that my understanding of how context informs one’s reception of fundamental human notions is developed.

chloeannbarwick

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
Re: can i get thoughts on my mod b intro pls
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 01:36:54 pm »
I like where your introduction is going. You use language to your advantage. Overall I thought it was very good.
Get it done now, and you'll have less to do later

davidss

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 09:01:17 pm »
Thanks  ;D

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 09:28:43 pm »
+1
Owing to its use of the objective correlative in shaping his polysemic Modernist poems, T.S. Eliot’s The Love Song of J Alfred Prufrock (1915) and The Hollow Men (1925) continues to enhance a reader’s appreciation of the power of literature to sustain ideas of the human experience through the masterful use of construction, content and language that form an enduring textual integrity. These bolster the play’s critical examination of the psychological effects a corrupted environment had on the individual. The Love Song of J Alfred Prufrock, through the lens of the persona examines an individual’s disconnection stemming from the industrialisation of a Romantic urban social climate. Through an allegorical portrayal however, The Hollow Men similarly explores the erosion of the moral principles that form the crux of humanity as a result of Eliot’s horrific experience of World War One (WW1) and British Imperialism. Despite decades of critical analysis, new meanings are constantly formed, and it is through this that my understanding of how context informs one’s reception of fundamental human notions is developed.

I'm also a fan! Some comments:
- That first sentence is HUGE, I think it would work better broken up into two or perhaps even three pieces. Establish the idea of language enhancing ideas of the human experience first, then introduce the texts after that.
- Further, give some specific examples of what you mean by 'ideas of the human experience.'
- What sort of effects do you refer to in your second sentence? Could be worth mentioning here to give more detail to what you will discuss.
- Don't use first person language! I know Module B is critical response, and that is a personal thing, but the essay form still demands the use of third person, academic language :)

davidss

• Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 11:52:35 am »
Thanks for your feedback! will make sure to add :D