Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 12:18:46 pm

Author Topic: Is it hard to get an atar of 55  (Read 4867 times)  Share 

IM_NOT_SMARY

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Is it hard to get an atar of 55
« on: October 26, 2020, 05:16:32 pm »
Is it hard, ??

rirerire

• MOTM: OCT 20
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +13
Re: Is it hard to get an atar of 55
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 05:51:39 pm »
+2
I'm not sure how VCE links to atar exactly but 55 is perfectly achievable for anyone willing to put in effort. kind of depends on a few factors eg personal ability, difficulty of your subjects but overall you need to put in a good amount of effort!

you can look at an atar calculator to see what marks you need in your subjects. not sure if you're in year 12 already but if so, there's still plenty of time to study and try your absolute best in your exams to get the score you want :)

you should definitely look up a few pathways into your preferred course though in case you don't get the atar you need, there are many options including tafe, doing a diploma before a bachelors, transferring into your course etc.

keltingmeith

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • he/him - they is also fine
  • Respect: +1292
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 06:37:20 pm »
+5
A lesser known fact: the average ATAR in Victoria is about 70.

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 06:55:57 pm »
+2
A lesser known fact: the average ATAR in Victoria is about 70.
Why/how? ???
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2020, 07:20:25 pm »
+5
Why/how? ???
It is because they include every in that year's cohort that could have been completing vce that year, not just everyone who actually did. So it takes into account everyone who dropped out before/during vce as well.

From memory, the average is usually in the 60s.

IM_NOT_SMARY

• Adventurer
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2020, 08:18:51 pm »
I'm not sure how VCE links to atar exactly but 55 is perfectly achievable for anyone willing to put in effort. kind of depends on a few factors eg personal ability, difficulty of your subjects but overall you need to put in a good amount of effort!

you can look at an atar calculator to see what marks you need in your subjects. not sure if you're in year 12 already but if so, there's still plenty of time to study and try your absolute best in your exams to get the score you want :)

you should definitely look up a few pathways into your preferred course though in case you don't get the atar you need, there are many options including tafe, doing a diploma before a bachelors, transferring into your course etc.

What study scores, do I need I’m doing

English
Physical education
Lab skills
Biology
Further maths

Thanks you

scientificllama

• Forum Obsessive
  • insert quirky quote
  • Respect: +81
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2020, 08:31:32 pm »
Hey there :)
According to a reverse calculator; here are the study scores you would need for a 55 ATAR. Please remember that these are estimates.

English: 28
Physical Education: 28
Lab Skills: 27
Biology: 25
Further Mathematics: 28

Hope this helps :)))
2019: 1/2 Psych

2020: English, Bio, Chem, Psych, HHD, Methods

2021: bye bye psych :D

Unknown-111

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2020, 09:05:51 pm »
+4
Please don't bite my head off for saying this, but according to most people it isn't crazy hard. That is where people who don't study all year round usually lands. A study score in the high 20's-low 30's should easily land you in the 60's at least. But please know this is according to your subjects.

IM_NOT_SMARY

• Adventurer
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2020, 08:20:35 am »
Please don't bite my head off for saying this, but according to most people it isn't crazy hard. That is where people who don't study all year round usually lands. A study score in the high 20's-low 30's should easily land you in the 60's at least. But please know this is according to your subjects.

The reason why I’m aiming low cause I heard that my cousin had c, b and some A averages in his subjects but he got a 48 atar... idk if I should believe this

What kind of averages or ranks do you need to even achieve 48 atar this thing is causing bad anxiety

Unknown-111

• Forum Regular
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2020, 10:05:17 am »
The reason why I’m aiming low cause I heard that my cousin had c, b and some A averages in his subjects but he got a 48 atar... idk if I should believe this

What kind of averages or ranks do you need to even achieve 48 atar this thing is causing bad anxiety
To get a 48 ATAR you would probably be ranked really low across all subjects, I am pretty sure failing most if not all subjects would land students around there. Another thing may be because school rankings, A's in some schools are worth more than others if the cohort is stronger. Scaling could be another reason in low scaled subjects B's and C's would destroy the study score.

IM_NOT_SMARY

• Adventurer
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2020, 10:45:55 am »
To get a 48 ATAR you would probably be ranked really low across all subjects, I am pretty sure failing most if not all subjects would land students around there. Another thing may be because school rankings, A's in some schools are worth more than others if the cohort is stronger. Scaling could be another reason in low scaled subjects B's and C's would destroy the study score.

It’s so stressful, like I don’t know what I’m gonna get. Idek tbh. Like can you atleast give me an estimate what I’ll get with these averages.

English: 60
Further: 65
Physical education: 90
Lab skills: 84
Biology:

I’ll be happy if this is above 50 atar

Unknown-111

• Forum Regular
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2020, 12:09:43 pm »
It’s so stressful, like I don’t know what I’m gonna get. Idek tbh. Like can you atleast give me an estimate what I’ll get with these averages.

Biology:

Do you know what rank your school is? https://bettereducation.com.au/CompareSchools/year_12/vic/compare_vce_school_ranking.aspx
Search it up using the link above. Maybe then we can give you a better picture. Just type in your schools name.

IM_NOT_SMARY

• Adventurer
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2020, 12:18:05 pm »
+1
Do you know what rank your school is? https://bettereducation.com.au/CompareSchools/year_12/vic/compare_vce_school_ranking.aspx
Search it up using the link above. Maybe then we can give you a better picture. Just type in your schools name.

My school rank is 421
Median study score at my school is 26

Ahhh

rirerire

• MOTM: OCT 20
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +13
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2020, 02:00:14 pm »

Biology:

with those it looks like you're on track to getting higher than 50, your school rank might be a problem though but seriously don't stress about this too much :/ a 55 is extremely achievable. you would definitely be better off studying, doing past papers etc right now to boost your chances of the best possible atar

Unknown-111

• Forum Regular
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2020, 04:35:53 pm »
My school rank is 421
Median study score at my school is 26

Ahhh
Hey there your school rank isn't looking too great, but if you ace exams you can still achieve an ATAR of 50 or higher. Just remember to ACE THOSE EXAMS!!! Also if you can please come back to ATAR notes and tell us your ATAR at the end of the year :)