Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:04:31 am

Author Topic: MOD C Discursive topics  (Read 2400 times)

romyss

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
MOD C Discursive topics
« on: October 13, 2019, 11:01:08 pm »
Hello everyone!
I was just wondering if anyone has studied any of these texts and is leaning towards/practiced doing a discursive piece:
- Gough Whitlam's Eulogy by Noel Pearson
- Love, Honour, Pity... by Nam Le
- Eight Days in a Corset by Siri Hustvedt
I am the most engaged and knowledgeable about Nam Le's text, but if anyone has any ideas on topic areas in any of these to discuss in discursive pieces I would be extremely grateful!!!
Thank you <3

dani01

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +2
Re: MOD C Discursive topics
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 11:57:16 am »
+1
Hello everyone!
I was just wondering if anyone has studied any of these texts and is leaning towards/practiced doing a discursive piece:
- Gough Whitlam's Eulogy by Noel Pearson
- Love, Honour, Pity... by Nam Le
- Eight Days in a Corset by Siri Hustvedt
I am the most engaged and knowledgeable about Nam Le's text, but if anyone has any ideas on topic areas in any of these to discuss in discursive pieces I would be extremely grateful!!!
Thank you <3

For Nam Le you could talk about: family, traditions or the role of storytelling.
And for eight days in a corset you could touch on topics such as femininity/masculinity - social structures, the value of self-expression

I don't really know about the first one
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 04:42:12 pm by dani01 »

romyss

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: MOD C Discursive topics
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 04:18:19 pm »
For Nam Le you could talk about: family, traditions or the role of storytelling. Not too sure about the others
And for eight days in a corset you could touch on topics such as femininity/masculinity - social structures, the value of self-expression

I don't really know about the first one

Thank you so much!