Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 01:37:18 pm

Poll

Is the boy in the striped pyjamas a good related text for go back to where you came from?

how does the boy in the striped pyjamas show a revalidation of values
0 (0%)
does it show discovery
2 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: AOS related text  (Read 1719 times)

aleesha432

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
AOS related text
« on: June 17, 2017, 05:52:53 pm »
how does the boy in the striped pyjamas show a revalidation of values or assumptions
how does the boy in the striped pyjamas show a change in perspective
how does the boy in the striped pyjamas show an understanding of the plight of others

mitchello

• Trailblazer
  • This sentence is false.
  • Respect: +30
Re: AOS related text
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 12:03:12 am »
+1
Hey, I can't remember The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas with incredible detail, but I'll try help. If you're truly set on using it as a related text, I would discuss one's willingness to embrace discovery - likewise to Darren, Bruno is 'wilfully' ignorant toward the situation of others. You may pick and choose which connections/contrasts you'd like to make with other characters throughout the essay. However, if you're still flexible with your related text, I would personally go for something more concise and directly reflective of discovery (such as a poem - Barn Owl is my backup related text in case they ask for a 2nd). I chose 'Paper Towns' by John Green (its not concise, but I'd just finished reading it at the time of the task), which explores how the protagonist's discovery transformed his perception of an individual - as oppose to the discoveries in 'Go Back', which transformed the participants' understanding of collective groups. Hope this could help
Advanced English//Mathematics//Economics//Legal Studies//Ancient History//History Extension

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: AOS related text
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 12:07:05 am »
+1
how does the boy in the striped pyjamas show a revalidation of values or assumptions
how does the boy in the striped pyjamas show a change in perspective
how does the boy in the striped pyjamas show an understanding of the plight of others

Welcome to the forums! Let us know if we can help you find anything :)

Hey, I can't remember The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas with incredible detail, but I'll try help. If you're truly set on using it as a related text, I would discuss one's willingness to embrace discovery - likewise to Darren, Bruno is 'wilfully' ignorant toward the situation of others. You may pick and choose which connections/contrasts you'd like to make with other characters throughout the essay. However, if you're still flexible with your related text, I would personally go for something more concise and directly reflective of discovery (such as a poem - Barn Owl is my backup related text in case they ask for a 2nd). I chose 'Paper Towns' by John Green (its not concise, but I'd just finished reading it at the time of the task), which explores how the protagonist's discovery transformed his perception of an individual - as oppose to the discoveries in 'Go Back', which transformed the participants' understanding of collective groups. Hope this could help

Thanks for the awesome answer mitchello, awesome stuff ;D