Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:36:08 am

Author Topic: embarrassing but serious question !!  (Read 1895 times)  Share 

vcenoob

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
embarrassing but serious question !!
« on: September 29, 2020, 07:39:29 pm »
+1
so as the title mentions, i really need ur help to clarify some stuff...
some background info: i have a very sensitive stomach and usually need to sh*t when i get scared or nervous.

1. is there any rulings on going to the toilet during vce exams ? im kinda scared to think about needing to sh*t but the teacher not letting me.. I know for a fact that at our school, the teachers specifically tell us that we are not allowed.

2. sooo when i drink coffee, i think it helps me to sh*t, so do u reckon i should drink it in the morning, 1 hour before the exam so i can let it all out of my system?

its really embarrassing for me, but i really need some advice  :-[ :-[

Failingvce

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +14
Re: embarrassing but serious question !!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 07:50:11 pm »
+5
you are allowed, and the supervisor takes you and waits for you while you're inside. however, I think this cuts into exam time so obviously, it isn't ideal.
since these exams are external I don't think teachers have a say so it should be allowed.
2020 subjects:
3/4 English - 3/4 Methods- 3/4 chemistry- 3/4 Biology- 3/4 psychology

blueycan

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 09:53:34 pm »
This isn't an answer to your question but omg the sensitive stomach struggle is real and I'm sure by asking this you've helped a lot of us (who don't have the guts to ask) out   ;D

scientificllama

• Forum Obsessive
  • insert quirky quote
  • Respect: +81
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 10:47:58 pm »
Hey there :)

Totally understand and stomach issues are such a struggle.
Have you checked out  VCAA's Special Provisions?
not 100% if you can still submit forms
You may be eligible to get break times if your stomach issues are a chronic and ongoing thing.
It'll also help with not having to give up your writing time if you are eligible for break times.

Hope this helps :)
2019: 1/2 Psych

2020: English, Bio, Chem, Psych, HHD, Methods

2021: bye bye psych :D

Unknown-111

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2020, 11:48:30 pm »
+1
so as the title mentions, i really need ur help to clarify some stuff...
some background info: i have a very sensitive stomach and usually need to sh*t when i get scared or nervous.

1. is there any rulings on going to the toilet during vce exams ? im kinda scared to think about needing to sh*t but the teacher not letting me.. I know for a fact that at our school, the teachers specifically tell us that we are not allowed.

2. sooo when i drink coffee, i think it helps me to sh*t, so do u reckon i should drink it in the morning, 1 hour before the exam so i can let it all out of my system?

its really embarrassing for me, but i really need some advice  :-[ :-[
I think you are allowed, but know that you won't get extra time so I recommend to take some medicine before you come into the exam, go during reading time if you absolutely must use the toilet, the best option is to just hold it in unless it is diarrhoea. In the exam every minute matters so you don't want to be wasting 5-10 minutes at the toilet. Another thing is don't eat too much leading to the exam because no food means nothing to digest. Alternatively you can do all the sh*tting before the exam begins so you don't waste time DURING the exam. Finally I don't think you are allowed to go too many times so keep that in mind!!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 11:52:14 pm by Unknown-111 »

bamboozled

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 02:10:01 pm »
+1
I guess you could try an adult nappy?Though, you should probably address the root of your problem first, before trying anything else. Deep breathing or meditation before the exam could help relieve some stress. I think avoiding dairy and having a diet with a lot of fibre might make you crap less..? If it is serious it might be better just to go to a doctor, you might have IBS or a similar condition (could always add it to your SEAS application).