Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:58:20 am

Author Topic: Is VCE tutoring necessary for a high Atar?  (Read 2603 times)  Share 

Crish

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Is VCE tutoring necessary for a high Atar?
« on: December 14, 2021, 09:57:15 pm »
Is VCE tutoring necessary for a high atar (95+)? And do people who go tutoring have an advantage over the people who don’t? I’m thinking about doing methods, spesh, Chem, bio and ofc English.
Thank you so much

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: Is VCE tutoring necessary for a high Atar?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2021, 07:05:17 am »
+2
Is VCE tutoring necessary for a high atar (95+)? And do people who go tutoring have an advantage over the people who don’t? I’m thinking about doing methods, spesh, Chem, bio and ofc English.
Thank you so much

Hey Crish. Welcome to ATAR Notes!

People will have different opinions on this, but IMO tutoring isn't necessary to get a really high ATAR, no. That's not to say that it can't be beneficial for a lot of people and can help people boost their marks (I think it can be) - I just don't think it's necessary (or even feasible) in all circumstances.

If you're keen to try out a tutor or tutoring service, then that's great, and I think it's worth investigating further if that's what you want to pursue. Tutoring can provide an advantage insofar as having access to additional resources, or more structured study times, or assistance from somebody with whom you connect, but all of these things come at a (literal) cost, and whether or not the tutoring is right for you will be a personal thing. Getting tutoring won't instantly improve your marks.

Rambled a bit there but hope it makes some sort of sense. Good luck!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.