Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:09:14 am

Author Topic: Doing French 1/2 in Year 11, What Should I do to Prepare for Year 12?  (Read 3487 times)  Share 

thefatrat

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
This year I'm doing Chem, Physics, Spec, Eng Lang, French and Methods 3/4 and I'm just a bit worried about my french performance. I chose the subject as I really enjoy listening to french and understanding some french shows, but I am worried if my passion for french alone can get me the score that I want (39/40).

I have had a few french sacs already and the first speaking sac I got an A, but the second sac I only got around 70. What are some things I can do to generally improve my french skills across the board. Some of my friends in my french class go to tutors and some of them have a french background (they usually score high A's and A+'s). For the past 6-7 months I have been watching anime dubbed in French as I have heard from basically everyone to immerse yourself in the language as much as possible, I also have made anki sentence french cards that I do everyday. I really don't know if this is enough, there has been a good development in my comprehension and dicatation skills but nothing dramatic.

Does anyone have any advice on what they did in yr11 that helped them achieve a really high score in French? Should I go to a tutor in yr11 to help guide me? Btw this doesn't just apply to french, if anyone has scored high in a language; ur advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!  :)

Evan R.

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
hi , could you send your anki list?