Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:51:52 pm

Author Topic: VCAA Exam Scanning  (Read 4180 times)  Share 

justinator2

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
VCAA Exam Scanning
« on: October 30, 2020, 05:45:52 pm »
Are you allowed to write one or two lines more/over the allocated number of lines as long as its still in the border of the VCAA exam?
For example some questions leave more than half the page free before the next question starts, so for these questions, can we write a little bit more than the given lines.
Also does highlighting in a dark colour ruin the scan, or do the assessors get a coloured scan of the exam so you can help them colour code and navigate them to the extra space section.

This is for VCE Psychology 3/4

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +916
Re: VCAA Exam Scanning
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 05:56:25 pm »
+3
Psychology exams have extra writing space at the back of the exam booklet - use that if you have a substantial amount to write after filling in the given lines. If you only need to write a few extra words there's no point using extra writing space (it would just waste time flipping back and forth), just write it under the given lines.

Not sure about if they get a coloured scan. I know I highlighted parts of the question when I did the exam. That doesn't matter though - that's only for you. The assessors will only be reading your answer, which won't be highlighted. I also recommend highlighting 'continued in extra writing space', as you have said. How dark are you talking? Better to be safe than sorry. It would be better to use a lighter colour (the traditional neon yellow highlighter is a good option) to ensure there is a colour distinction between your writing and the highlighter colour.
psych [50] bio [50]
2021-2025: BMedSci/MD @ Monash