Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 07:34:22 pm

Author Topic: ADVICE PLEASE!! PHYSIO Universities  (Read 4446 times)  Share 

Munkeyfunk

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
ADVICE PLEASE!! PHYSIO Universities
« on: January 19, 2017, 03:43:48 pm »
Hey Guys, I have a bit of a dilemma going on in regards to what University to pick for Physiotherapy! I am from Melbourne and have previously completed a Bachelor of science at Monash University.

So far my offers are Australian Catholic university Ballarat Campus, and University of Queensland St Lucia, I am having a hard time deciding between these two as UQ seems like a better university as its GO8 and all, however it is a big commitment moving to Brisbane. Im almost tempted to pick UQ just for the adventure of moving to, and living in another state.

ACU on the other hand is in Ballarat, which is a bit rural for my liking and a couple of hours drive out of melbourne. However i am not too sure on the quality of the course as this is it's first year running and I have not heard much about ACU.

If I get an offer however from Latrobe Bundoora / Monash Frankston in 2nd round, then it makes my decision easier, however if its Latrobe ALbury Wodonga or Shepparton, then the paradox of choice intensifies as I think I would rather live in Brisbane than in a rural town, and its a difficult decision for me to make.

So what do you guys think? Is UQ a better university for Physiotherapy in comparison to ACU or vice versa? thoughts and insights would very much be appreciated.

Thank you Very much!

aroussety

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: ADVICE PLEASE!! PHYSIO Universities
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2022, 07:53:48 am »
What did you  Nd up doing, in same position

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2022, 01:33:57 pm »
+2
Physio courses are quite similar because they have to meet strict requirements for course content/structure in order to be accredited with AHPRA, the regulatory agency for health professionals, so choosing which uni to go to based on the location might be a good decision :)
2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2022, 02:47:13 pm »
+1
Physio courses are quite similar because they have to meet strict requirements for course content/structure in order to be accredited with AHPRA, the regulatory agency for health professionals, so choosing which uni to go to based on the location might be a good decision :)
2nd this. I am a physiotherapist and genuinely it doesn't matter which uni you go to in Australia, you all learn the same skills just in a slightly different structure or style. You are all qualified physios by the end with the same skill set.

Also I note the original post is from several years ago - if you see an old topic with the same question that hasn't been replied to in a while, just make a new topic :)