Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 08:52:21 am

Author Topic: VCE English Question Thread  (Read 847413 times)  Share 

biology1234

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Re: VCE English Question Thread
« Reply #2685 on: September 16, 2021, 08:57:09 pm »
hi, what type of connected speech is the word binged?
Would it be Elision?

biology1234

• Forum Regular
« Reply #2686 on: September 16, 2021, 09:07:52 pm »
also what would fav be from favourite

sgrace

• Adventurer
« Reply #2687 on: October 23, 2021, 05:28:55 pm »
Does anyone have any tips for memorising quotes? I think I've left it a bit late but any advice helps :)

Slime_Bob

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #2688 on: April 08, 2022, 06:28:49 pm »
Hi there, I'm a complete newbie to ATAR notes, so forgive me if I make any formatting errors or have posted in the wrong thread.

I'm currently a yr 11 student doing 1/2 English, and I'm not doing bad at it, but not exactly doing... great. I want to get better and my plan is to write more essays. The online problem is I can't find many essay prompts about the book we're currently focusing on ('Ransom' by David Malouf) so if anyone knows any places to find writing prompts on that topic I would be super happy about that.

Also, once I do finish an essay, is the best way to get it checked is to talk to a teacher or self-check it via a rubric, or...?

emilydd123

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #2689 on: May 14, 2022, 02:44:41 pm »
I'm really really stressed.
Prior to year 12 I'd never ever dropped below an A in English and now suddenly on my first two SACs I've gotten B's. I've been communicating with my teacher, getting feedback and getting her to mark my work. She says it's really good and only gives me minor things to work on and now I can't get passed a B and I'm distraught. I know my hopes for a 40 are well and truly gone which was my goal for the year :( I just don't know what to do my parents are going to be mad this has happened again.