Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:06:06 pm

Author Topic: VCE Business Management Question Thread!  (Read 228136 times)  Share 

academicbulimia

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +4
  • School: some really crap country school
  • School Grad Year: 2013
Re: VCE Business Management Question Thread!
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2013, 05:22:45 pm »
That all sounds good^, but the study design doesn't specify that you need to know ESM strategies for the employment cycle at all

Under the required knowledge, it lists this:

Management practices and processes associated with the key phases of the employment cycle:
Establishment phase:
– human resource planning related to business strategy
– job analysis and job design
– types of recruitment methods and selection processes
– employment arrangements and remuneration
Maintenance phase:
– induction
– training and development
– recognition and reward
– performance management
Termination phase:
– termination management, including entitlement and transition issues;
Sometimes teachers use ESM strategies in SACs in order to help students better grasp the concept of ESM as it is relevant to all areas of business management, in my opinion :P
2012: Psychology~Biology
2013:Chem~Methods~BusinessManagment~English
[UMAT 96%tile]

EspoirTron

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +82
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2013, 11:14:48 am »
+1
That all sounds good^, but the study design doesn't specify that you need to know ESM strategies for the employment cycle at all

Under the required knowledge, it lists this:

Management practices and processes associated with the key phases of the employment cycle:
Establishment phase:
– human resource planning related to business strategy
– job analysis and job design
– types of recruitment methods and selection processes
– employment arrangements and remuneration
Maintenance phase:
– induction
– training and development
– recognition and reward
– performance management
Termination phase:
– termination management, including entitlement and transition issues;

Page 26 of the study design states that;

"Ethically and socially responsible human resource management"

The human resource management encompasses the employment cycle and therefore this dot point - although not explicitly - indicates that students should have a knowledge of socially responsible management in respect to not only the employment cycle but human resources management as a whole. Teachers would be expected to teach this. Looking over a practice SAC I received from VCTA there is actually a question that directly relates to the aforementioned points, specifically the question was tempting you to discuss ESM relating to the maintenance phase of the employment cycle.

Ethics relates to adhering to the legal requirements; that is, abiding by the law. Laws such as anti-discrimination laws during the recruitment and selection processes all fall under the category of ethics.   
2012-2013: VCE
2014-2016: Bachelor of Biomedicine at Monash University

unfamila

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Lad
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2013, 05:39:23 pm »
With employee relations, what do we specifically need to know?
 Do we need to know how the system has become decentralized, as in the specific history of Fair work, Awards, AWAs and other acts?

academicbulimia

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2013, 06:34:50 pm »
+1
With employee relations, what do we specifically need to know?
 Do we need to know how the system has become decentralized, as in the specific history of Fair work, Awards, AWAs and other acts?

This is what the study design details:
management practices and processes associated with employee relations:
– relationship to business objectives and business strategy
– the similarities and differences between centralised and decentralised approaches
– industry wide awards, collective agreements within an individual organisation and individiual
contracts
– the role of human resource managers in employee relations under a decentralised approach
– management styles and skills in employee relations, including their application to the resolution
of conflict.
[UMAT 96%tile]

janson34

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2013, 10:38:10 pm »
+1
i did the sac, needed to know advantages of decentralised, centralised approach from employer and employee position

lala1911

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2013, 04:49:18 pm »
Hello.
SAC 1b tomorrow.
Does anyone have any advantages of training and development? I dont think mine are strong enough. I have that it builds skills and knowledge, but I cant explain it well as to why it would benefit an organisation.

academicbulimia

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2013, 05:56:02 pm »
+1
Hello.
SAC 1b tomorrow.
Does anyone have any advantages of training and development? I dont think mine are strong enough. I have that it builds skills and knowledge, but I cant explain it well as to why it would benefit an organisation.
Training provides employees with the knowledge or specific skills needed to perform their jobs.  And allows employees to do their job more satisfactorily which means they are less likely to fear redundancy which will improve morale and job satisfaction. And also will improve employee satisfaction in that learning new skills will make them more valuable to the organisation. In turn, this all results in increased productivity, less staff absenteeism and turnover, increasing the businesses overall performance.
 8)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 05:57:40 pm by academicbulimia »
[UMAT 96%tile]

lala1911

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2013, 08:36:06 pm »
Training provides employees with the knowledge or specific skills needed to perform their jobs.  And allows employees to do their job more satisfactorily which means they are less likely to fear redundancy which will improve morale and job satisfaction. And also will improve employee satisfaction in that learning new skills will make them more valuable to the organisation. In turn, this all results in increased productivity, less staff absenteeism and turnover, increasing the businesses overall performance.
 8)
That's a very good answer thank you.

academicbulimia

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2013, 05:18:01 pm »
That's a very good answer thank you.
Haha I try! No worries  :)
[UMAT 96%tile]

lala1911

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2013, 05:34:19 pm »
I had my SAC I thought I did really well. The mark allocation was really poor though.
How can you "analyse the link between training and performance appraisals", how are you meant to analyse (provide strengths/weaknesses) that? I think my teacher meant 'discuss'.

unfamila

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Lad
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2013, 11:27:02 pm »
I had my SAC I thought I did really well. The mark allocation was really poor though.
How can you "analyse the link between training and performance appraisals", how are you meant to analyse (provide strengths/weaknesses) that? I think my teacher meant 'discuss'.
Hey i had the same sac!!!
I just DISCUSSED the relationship between the two, yeah the question doesn't make a lot of sense.

lala1911

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2013, 11:45:04 pm »
Hey i had the same sac!!!
I just DISCUSSED the relationship between the two, yeah the question doesn't make a lot of sense.
Same I just discussed. Was yours on the Ventnor Eco-Tourist Resort yeah? ts expected that we finish these 20 mark SACs in 40 minutes, but whoever made them have really poor mark allocation skills. Have you had your 1c sac?

unfamila

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Lad
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2013, 11:52:15 pm »
Same I just discussed. Was yours on the Ventnor Eco-Tourist Resort yeah? ts expected that we finish these 20 mark SACs in 40 minutes, but whoever made them have really poor mark allocation skills. Have you had your 1c sac?
Yeah, i rushed through the last question and lost a few marks.
I have SAC 1c on Monday and i really don't know what to expect.

lala1911

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2013, 12:58:16 am »
+1
Yeah, i rushed through the last question and lost a few marks.
I have SAC 1c on Monday and i really don't know what to expect.
I don't even know what it's on. Employer relations??

ukface

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Boganville
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2013, 05:15:51 pm »

I recently had the Ventnor Eco-Tourist one, but I had 50 minutes to do it - felt like I did really well, but there was some random question that we didn't learn because I have had a substitute teacher for the entire start of Unit 4, asking us to define management by objectives or something.

Previous SAC before that, I learnt everything on the morning of the SAC, and got 92%. Kind of dropkicking busman now lol.