Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:42:05 am

Author Topic: Doing VCE over 3 years  (Read 1116 times)  Share 

Mursal.Rezai23

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Doing VCE over 3 years
« on: November 21, 2019, 11:02:15 pm »
+1
Hello

I have to make a decision quick about doing VCE over three years or doing year 12 next year only once.
I have so many questions, I have come here to take advice from experienced members, any suggestion would be appreciated.
Currently, I am doing year 12 orientation (Biology, Further Maths, English EAL, Business Management, Psychology.) I don't have chemistry or methods which i need the most because I came into the term and there was not any place left but if I do split year 11 and 12 and do year 12 over 2 year, I can complete my desired subject but I am not sure if its more beneficial to do over 1 year or 2 year 12. Please any one give me suggestions, I am very stressing out. Thank you.

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: Doing VCE over 3 years
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 11:15:47 pm »
+2
Hey,

Welcome to the forums! :)

I'm guessing that the reason you need chem and methods is for course prerequestites?
In that case, I would probably finish year 12 this year and use a pathway (e.g. going into science to transfer to med) as I would be wanting to get into higher ed and potentially earning points for my degree asap. I recommend you look up the pathways available for the courses you're interested in so you have a better idea of what your pathway options are.

However, if there are other factors which mean you could benefit from doing a two year 12 (e.g. needing to work a lot during year 12) I would then consider that option more strongly.

Whichever option you pick, it won't ruin your studies or career options. There's always a path, and in terms of ATAR calculation, score calculation works the same over two years as it would over one.

Good luck & I hope this helps :)