Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:40:01 pm

Author Topic: 13 units for Yr12?  (Read 1906 times)

weekwook

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
13 units for Yr12?
« on: November 08, 2019, 09:28:57 pm »
Hey past, present and (maybe) future HSCers.

I just want to have a look into people's experience in the following subjects, their experience (difficulty and outcome too if possible) on handling 13 Units in Year 12 and their input on my current situation.

I'm in Term 4, starting Year 12.

My subjects are:
Chemistry
Biology
PDHPE
Music 1
Maths Advanced
English Advanced
English Extension 1

Appreciate any feedback,

Thank you

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bibliophile. Stationery addict.
  • Respect: +1010
Re: 13 units for Yr12?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 03:34:38 pm »
+1
Hey past, present and (maybe) future HSCers.

I just want to have a look into people's experience in the following subjects, their experience (difficulty and outcome too if possible) on handling 13 Units in Year 12 and their input on my current situation.

I'm in Term 4, starting Year 12.

My subjects are:
Chemistry
Biology
PDHPE
Music 1
Maths Advanced
English Advanced
English Extension 1

Appreciate any feedback,

Thank you
Hey there,

I didn't do the subjects you've listed but I did do 13 units for half of Year 12 (I dropped 3U maths because I was trying to manage my 2 Major Works and study for math). I will say it can get a bit full-on, but you can still do well when doing 13 units. In fact, I have a friend in uni who did 13 units and got B6's in all his subjects. My recommendation is to use Term 4 as your experimental period and see if you can manage it all or if the Year 12 content wasn't as enjoyable as you may have thought.

Hope this helps!
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

ATAR: 93.60

2019: Aerospace Engineering (Hons)  @ UNSW