Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 05:19:50 pm

Author Topic: Unseen texts Paper 1 - What do you write to get full marks?  (Read 1158 times)  Share 

jswimj

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Hey everyone!

I know it's a day before my trial exams and I'm leaving it a little late, but in every single one of my Reading tasks, I've always gotten around 12/15, and I'm always missing 1 mark on the big question and loosing one mark on two of the 3 mark questions.

I was just wondering if anyone has a guide or something they use to determine how much/what to write to get full marks?

Thank you, and will hopefully hear back from someone in the next few hours  ;D

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Unseen texts Paper 1 - What do you write to get full marks?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 06:28:04 pm »
+3
Hi there! Better than hours, got back to you in minutes ;) here is a guide on approaching that section!!

jswimj

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 08:50:21 pm »
Hi there! Better than hours, got back to you in minutes ;) here is a guide on approaching that section!!

Thanks heaps Jamon, you're a life savour  ;D

But just a quick question, if I were to have a 3 mark question, what type of things would I have to include in my answer to get those full 3 marks? I would normally use two TEP statements and answer the question, but this only sometimes got me 3 marks and other times got me 2.

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 11:38:22 pm »
+1
Thanks heaps Jamon, you're a life savour  ;D

But just a quick question, if I were to have a 3 mark question, what type of things would I have to include in my answer to get those full 3 marks? I would normally use two TEP statements and answer the question, but this only sometimes got me 3 marks and other times got me 2.

I suppose it is about quality not quantity! That's the right thing to include, but it needs to be done well. If you aren't able to consistently get the full marks with just two TEP statements, perhaps adding a third will give you some insurance ;D