Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 02:06:39 am

Author Topic: University Camps  (Read 2054 times)  Share 

Odette

University Camps
« on: January 22, 2008, 08:55:00 pm »
Just wanted to know is anyone going on a camping trip for university? If so where are you going and which university is it?
I am going to the ACU camp and its in Frankston (what fun lol)

BA22

Re: University Camps
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 09:17:16 pm »
yeh, we've got two!

We have a transiton camp at phillip island, which is FREE!

And med camp, which i will most certianly attend

Eriny

• The lamp of enlightenment
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +100
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 09:34:36 pm »
I didn't know unis even had camps. Does the whole cohort of people doing the degree go, or are you divided up into groups? I imagine it would be the former...

And wow, free is good :)

brendan

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 09:35:45 pm »
they are so expensive =[

Odette

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 09:52:42 pm »
Mine is cheap actually $130.00 + $50 refundable good behaviour bond

Mine is for all students across all campuses ^_^ so it'll be fun meeting people from brisbane, canberra, north sydney and ballarat as well as the melbourne campus ^_^

aidansteele

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 11:17:27 pm »
I'm going to three camps! The general one for undergrads at Monash, the one for Engineering Excellence winners and the Engineering faculty one. If I haven't made any friends by the time uni starts, I suck.
VTAC Offer Combubulator! - See who is doing your course - http://aidans.org/offers/

Matt89

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 11:21:07 pm »
I'm going to three camps! The general one for undergrads at Monash, the one for Engineering Excellence winners and the Engineering faculty one. If I haven't made any friends by the time uni starts, I suck.

Have you heard anything about that? i know its happening, i just havent got any details about it

aidansteele

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 11:25:26 pm »
This is an email from Monash on the matter:

Dear Aidan

congratulations! you will reveive more information about the program in the next week.  But just to get prepared the residential is held from Friday 15th Feb a.m until Sunday 17th Feb late afternoon.

thanks for note about application form!

best regards

Teri Foster

Aidan Steele wrote:
Ms. Foster,

I am writing you a quick e-mail regarding the Leadership in a Technological Environment programme. This year I was recipient to an Engineering Excellence Award and received a brochure about this programme in the mail, but have not received anything else since. I noted that the brochure made reference to a residential Induction Workshop held in February and I was wondering when we would hear more about this, or if we should have already heard!

Thank you very much for taking the time to clarify this,
Aidan Steele.

PS: I am not sure if you are aware, but the application form for 2008[1] seems to be broken.

[1]: http://www.eng.monash.edu.au/current-students/merit/leadership/download/leadership-app2008.pdf
VTAC Offer Combubulator! - See who is doing your course - http://aidans.org/offers/

cara.mel

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 01:43:59 pm »
I had enrolment today and I am going to the science faculty one. :D

No to the general host scheme stuff because 100-ish people I haven't met before from all over the campus == nty. I'm not like that. Can't handle that.
But because excal was telling me about it I agreed to one of those local meet things as well although I haven't checked when it is happening or decided if I am going or not yet :P

humph

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 02:57:11 pm »
i went on one for free last year. 1st year PhB Science students go to the ANU Kioloa campus down at the coast for a few days - basically just like a school camp only you have uni lecturers from each science department come in and give a brief talk about something interesting in their field to try to entice students to major in that area.

but the camp really was more about going down to the beach + playing cards + playing drinking games = skinny dipping at 2 in the morning, lolz. and two young science geeks getting rather frisky one night (in a room with 3 other people sleeping!).

yeah, good times.
VCE 2006
PhB (Hons) (Sc), ANU, 2007-2010
MPhil, ANU, 2011-2012
PhD, Princeton, 2012-2017
Research Associate, University College London, 2017-2020
Assistant Professor, University of Virginia, 2020-

Feel free to ask me about (advanced) mathematics.

excal

• VN Security
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Über-Geek
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 03:16:22 pm »
Don't forget the 3pm 'milk' runs =D
excal (VCE 05/06) BBIS(IBL) GradCertSc(Statistics) MBBS(Hons) GCertClinUS -- current Master of Medicine candidate
Former Global Moderator

hellomotto

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2008, 02:22:30 pm »

Anyone at Monash going to Law or B&E camps this year?