Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 10:35:51 am

Author Topic: I got 24 in methods but i want to do Commerce - advice please  (Read 10517 times)  Share 

costargh

Re: Advice required for Costargh
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2008, 07:56:20 pm »
Awk thanks. Still though, the bolded subjects appear to be what I am better at.

brendan

Re: Advice required for Costargh
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2008, 08:24:16 pm »
For example, I am using all that probability theory in methods right now for 333-201 Business Finance. I don't think Monash Uni would have less maths in their commerce degree. If you are doing either Economics, Finance or Actuarial Science subjects, then there is no doubt, that you will do a substantial amount of university level math. If your idea of Commerce does not include Economics, Finance or Actuarial Science, then you might just be able to get away with doing hardly any math.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 08:47:49 pm by brendan »

kido_1

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +6
Re: I got 24 in methods but i want to do Commerce - advice please
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2008, 11:06:45 pm »
Personally, i would approach the unis individually and ask for special consideration.
oping for an ENTER of 99+

BA22

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2008, 11:56:03 pm »
Pre-requisites are strongly upheld

You will have to repeat methods

Thats the blunt answer shouldve gotten on page one

costargh

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2008, 12:00:51 am »
I still need to try and rearrange my timetable now argh!

If your idea of Commerce does not include Economics, Finance or Actuarial Science, then you might just be able to get away with doing hardly any math.

At the moment I don't know what I want to major in but I definitely wont be studying "Actuarial Science". Economics may be an avenue but yeh thanks for the advice everyone.

bebobebo

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2008, 12:37:42 am »
bite the bullet and do it. the exam cant be harder than this year's so if you're consistent, u should get what u need. maybe drop another subject so that you will have done 6 in total instead of 7 because there's probably no point in doing that.

costargh

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2008, 12:45:16 am »
Yeh I am dropping Pysch if my timetable allows it. Thats why I havent started any homework for it.

costargh

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2008, 03:04:16 pm »
Fuck now I've got a problem.
I called up the school today and the lady said I can't speak to the lady I need to speak to until the 29th of January. Well thats fine and dandy... NOT. We have holiday homework and if I can't get into Methods then I'm stuck with not doing the Pysch homework, some of which comprises of a SAC worth 10 marks of the 100 for the semester.

Also that means I can't do the methods homework because I'm not even enrolled in it yet. Fuck I hate my school. I have no idea what to do but either way I'm gonna be behind before I even start.
Unless I do Methods and Pysch homework which is pretty pointless because the amount of work in each is ridiculous.

=( =( =(

Eriny

• The lamp of enlightenment
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +100
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2008, 03:16:21 pm »
hmm... can you contact your psych teacher and tell them your situation? Hopefully they'll be a bit flexible. You probably don't have to worry too much about methods work, after all, you have done it once before.

Mao

• CH41RMN
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +390
  • School: Kambrya College
  • School Grad Year: 2008
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2008, 03:18:32 pm »
Fuck now I've got a problem.
I called up the school today and the lady said I can't speak to the lady I need to speak to until the 29th of January. Well thats fine and dandy... NOT. We have holiday homework and if I can't get into Methods then I'm stuck with not doing the Pysch homework, some of which comprises of a SAC worth 10 marks of the 100 for the semester.

Also that means I can't do the methods homework because I'm not even enrolled in it yet. Fuck I hate my school. I have no idea what to do but either way I'm gonna be behind before I even start.
Unless I do Methods and Pysch homework which is pretty pointless because the amount of work in each is ridiculous.

=( =( =(
um... if ur not going to do psyche why are u worrying about their SACs??
and nothing is stopping you from starting methods on your own, and how the hell will you be behind on ur methods?! u've done it this year, you're ahead of everyone!!!
Editor for ATARNotes Chemistry study guides.

VCE 2008 | Monash BSc (Chem., Appl. Math.) 2009-2011 | UoM BScHon (Chem.) 2012 | UoM PhD (Chem.) 2013-2015

costargh

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2008, 03:40:24 pm »
Lol true Obsolete Chaos but I actually want to do well this year.

Im not 100& guarenteed a swap between Pysch and Methods because I dont know if their will be any timetable clashes.
I can't contact anyone really. Just the receptionist ladies. I might call again on Monday cause she said she will be at a meetin on Monday... maybe I can catch her after it or something