Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 06:33:14 am

Author Topic: Should I do HHD 34 without 12?  (Read 1002 times)  Share 

VVVCCCEEE

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Should I do HHD 34 without 12?
« on: August 15, 2018, 04:16:00 pm »
This year I am in year 11, subject selections are v soon and so I wanted your opinions.

I decided to drop psy because I don’t really enjoy it, and so if I pick up HHD 34 without doing 12 how hard will it be? Will it overlap and is there a lot of content to it?

Thankss

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: Should I do HHD 34 without 12?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 04:20:24 pm »
+1
This year I am in year 11, subject selections are v soon and so I wanted your opinions.

I decided to drop psy because I don’t really enjoy it, and so if I pick up HHD 34 without doing 12 how hard will it be? Will it overlap and is there a lot of content to it?

Thankss

Hey. :)

I was in a pretty similar position to you. I was dropping a subject (Art) and needed to pick up something else. In the end, it came down to uni extension Philosophy, and HHD 3/4. I hadn't done HHD 1/2 either.

I ended up going with HHD, and definitely don't regret it. The subject has changed a little since then (there was a pretty considerably study design change at the start of this year), but the basic concepts are the same, and I largely found it enjoyable.

How hard will it be? I found it very manageable.
How much overlap is there? I didn't feel at a disadvantage at all having not done 1/2, so I wouldn't have thought much if any. This might have changed with the recent updates to the study design, but a quick flick through the study design would probably confirm or challenge this.
Is there a lot of content? Yeah, there is quite a lot. I also did Psych and BusMan, and I reckon it's comparable to those two, if that helps at all.

Good luck with your decision. :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.