Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 02:43:56 am

Author Topic: I'm scared about Health & Human Development  (Read 1286 times)  Share 

sillybilly123

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
I'm scared about Health & Human Development
« on: August 05, 2018, 08:13:28 pm »
hi soooo
my sac marks as of right now for HHD are 70% and 80%
it is literally freaking me out that other people are disappointed over losing 1 or 2 marks PER UNIT
 how do u guys think my study score will look?
i just want anything over 40, even a 40 on the dot will do
i just don't know what to expect anymore because it seems really competitive and people at my school are getting like 96%
can someone please tell me what might happen
thank you sm :)

Mod edit: decapitalised title
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 10:43:20 pm by K888 »

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
Re: IM SACRED ABOUT HEALTH AND HUMAN DEVELOPMENT
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 08:35:44 pm »
+3
It's really hard to predict study scores. The reason it's hard to predict is because your SAC marks don't matter. What matters is your rank and your cohort's performance on the exam.

Your school's SAC scores will be moderated based on how well the students at your school do on the end of year exam. If most of your school gets between 70-90% on your SACs but then gets 40-70% on the exam, it means that your SAC's are easier than VCAA standards - and the same is true in reverse, if everyone does better on the exam than they have on the SAC your SAC marks will be moderated up.

If you're comparing your SAC scores to people from other schools, don't. There is no point, as I said above you can't compare SAC percentages between schools.

I know you said someone at your school got 96%, but is that just one person? Do you know for sure that they got that? Often when we're stressed everything gets a bit overwhelming and it seems worse than it actually is.

I mentioned earlier that ranks are what matters, if you know what rank you are (your teacher will know but may not tell you) then you can look up how many people got 40+ at your school each of the last few years and use that to figure out what your chances of getting a 40 are.

Ranks are separate for Unit 3 & 4, so even if you had a low rank for unit 3 you can still get a good rank for unit 4.

Good luck, if you have any questions about the content or studying, feel free to post them and we'll do our best to help
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

Maya24

• MOTM: OCT 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +114
Re: IM SACRED ABOUT HEALTH AND HUMAN DEVELOPMENT
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 09:20:14 pm »
+1
Your sac scores don't really mean anything for this subject. If you do well on the exam you can still get a good study score. I know of of someone who had a 96% sac average yet still got a 34 for health. As long as you keep working hard and do well on the exam, you will be fine.