Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 01:39:15 pm

Author Topic: VCE HHD Question Thread!  (Read 261451 times)  Share 

sos1123

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: VCE HHD Question Thread!
« Reply #780 on: October 13, 2018, 11:48:13 am »
Can someone please help me with this question from the HHD 2018 VCAA sample questions:

Question 7

PASSAGE : Oxfam Australia is a non-government organisation involved in aid and development. Its 2014 ‘Close the Gap’ campaign included the ‘30 for 2030 Challenge’ pledge1. By taking the 30 for 2030 Challenge, I pledge to collect 30 names and contact details in support of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health equality by 2030.

We call on the Australian Government to:

• Commit to providing adequate and long-term financial resources to achieve Indigenous health equality;
• Invest in real partnerships, including increased Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander participation and control around health service delivery; and
• Address critical social issues of housing, education and self-determination that contribute to the health crisis affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.

B) The social action described above aimed to promote health and wellbeing.

Justify Oxfam Australia taking social action for Indigenous health and wellbeing (3 MARKS)

????

dsabeta

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #781 on: October 13, 2018, 04:50:45 pm »
Can someone please help me with this question from the HHD 2018 VCAA sample questions:

Question 7

PASSAGE : Oxfam Australia is a non-government organisation involved in aid and development. Its 2014 ‘Close the Gap’ campaign included the ‘30 for 2030 Challenge’ pledge1. By taking the 30 for 2030 Challenge, I pledge to collect 30 names and contact details in support of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health equality by 2030.

• Commit to providing adequate and long-term financial resources to achieve Indigenous health equality;
• Invest in real partnerships, including increased Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander participation and control around health service delivery; and
• Address critical social issues of housing, education and self-determination that contribute to the health crisis affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.

Justify Oxfam Australia taking social action for Indigenous health and wellbeing (3 MARKS)

????

I only gave my teacher my sample to mark a few days ago so I'm not too sure if my answer was right or not :P 
But I basically said that Oxfam would have taken social action in an attempt to influence those in power who have the authority to make changes. In this case, they have called on the Australian Government to make the changes necessary to promote Indigenous health and wellbeing, achieve health equality, and address the critical issues that affect Indigenous Australians the most. They would have also done this to ensure that the needs of the Indigenous populations are represented while eliminating any potential discrimination surrounding their access to achieving optimal health and wellbeing.
Hope this helps!!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 04:53:13 pm by dsabeta »
2017: Psychology |
2018: English | BusMan | Legal | HHD |  Revolutions |
2019: Bachelor of Law/Criminology @ LaTrobe

sos1123

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #782 on: November 07, 2018, 11:18:22 am »
Does hunger and malnutrition affect immune functioning, leading to increased risk of illness from communicable diseases (e.g. measles)?

Little Miss Cocopops

• Trailblazer
« Reply #783 on: November 07, 2018, 03:25:02 pm »
Does hunger and malnutrition affect immune functioning, leading to increased risk of illness from communicable diseases (e.g. measles)?

When an individual is experiencing malnutrition, their immune system functioning is weakened. Therefore they are more suseptible to contracted communicable diseases such as measles. It should also be mentioned, that when an individual is malnourished, it is harder for them to fight off such communicable diseases, hence leading to premature death.

Hope this helps!!

marina_t

• Trailblazer
« Reply #784 on: November 07, 2018, 03:43:01 pm »
+1

Question 7

????

My teacher marked mine and gave me full marks:

The social action taken by Oxfam through urging the Australian Government to take action through releasing this petition, encouraging the community to take on the '30 for 2030' challenge to support Indigenous health equality by 2030 aims to meet the needs of the Indigenous community. For example, Oxfam urges the Government to address critical issues of housing, education and self-determination that are affecting the Indigenous community. Through encouraging the community to sign the petition to take action, Oxfam promotes the need for more funding to provide Indigenous communities with adequate housing, to reduce the prevalence of infectious diseases that can be spread through living in overcrowded houses, hence improving physical health and wellbeing. With a large group of people signing Oxfam's petition, the Government can then consider taking action to improve the health equality of Indigenous people.

Hope that helps! :)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 03:45:36 pm by marina_t »

Zcsund1234

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #785 on: November 09, 2018, 05:21:08 pm »
Hi all so quick question! I think I may have stuffed up my chanced of a raw 40!
My unit 3 scores were 94,96,88 (93/100) A
Unit 4 was 99 and 70 (85/100) A
I am ranked 4th of a very strong cohort of 30, 10-12 of which average 80s-90s.
I think on the exam I may have scored anywhere between high 70 to high 80. But I think I've stuffed up my chances of getting a raw 40, is there still hope for me?

Ellmir69

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #786 on: November 09, 2018, 05:22:13 pm »
Alright,
So I averaged 93% for my internal sacs and was ranked somewhere in the top 10 in a cohort of around 65 students in an average public school.
I am almost certain that I got around 80% on the exam.
What could I potentially be looking at in terms of study score?

Cheers guys ❤️

juicethelemon

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #787 on: November 11, 2018, 03:48:52 pm »
Hi all so quick question! I think I may have stuffed up my chanced of a raw 40!
My unit 3 scores were 94,96,88 (93/100) A
Unit 4 was 99 and 70 (85/100) A
I am ranked 4th of a very strong cohort of 30, 10-12 of which average 80s-90s.
I think on the exam I may have scored anywhere between high 70 to high 80. But I think I've stuffed up my chances of getting a raw 40, is there still hope for me?
Remember new study design, so these high order questions could actually stuff up the entire state and make the A+ cut off mark lower than previous years. VCAA could also be a bit lenient considering this factor. But last year for Chem it was a new study design, and they had a crazy question (higher order question--> first time like hhd)  where VCAA actually had instructed examiners to really look for marks to give and be a bit generous. So who knows really!

Alright,
So I averaged 93% for my internal sacs and was ranked somewhere in the top 10 in a cohort of around 65 students in an average public school.
I am almost certain that I got around 80% on the exam.
What could I potentially be looking at in terms of study score?

Cheers guys ❤️
I'm a year 12 student aswell so don't quote me!
I think you can get around 40-41, if it was based on 2017's distribution. Maybe a 42 with the new study design?

Zcsund1234

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #788 on: December 18, 2018, 11:00:08 am »
Does anyone know when the VCAA 2018 exams usually get uploaded to their website, I remember last year they were uploaded almost instantly if not a few days later. I was really shocked with my B+ on the HHD exam as usually B+ refers to 61-70% which disappoints and confuses me as I was getting consistent 90s and did about 25 practise exams with scores of 90s. I paid for the statement of results to see what happened (or if the grade scale is different this year which is the scenario I am hoping for) and I want to be able to see the exam whilst I look at it, as I did with my Psychology result last year which I did in about mid Jan with the exam uploaded long before. So if anyone has any idea or knows or what ever when we can expect the exams to come out publicly online? Thanks!

ChiaraS

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #789 on: January 09, 2019, 10:59:18 pm »
+3
What SAC marks do you need to get a 40+?
Hi,
I did HHD last year an achieved a study score in the high 40's.
In all my SAC's I averaged between 95-100%, which was an allowed me to get an A+ for both GA1 and GA2.
But, I also know someone who averaged between 85-94% in SACs and still got a SS of 40+.
However, SAC marks aren't as important as they seem. Your rank in your cohort is of higher significance. So try your best to be a top-ranking student in HHD.
:)

marina_t

• Trailblazer
« Reply #790 on: January 12, 2019, 09:20:27 am »
What SAC marks do you need to get a 40+?

Hey!
I think it's best not to stress about SAC marks because they matter so little. I bombed two of my English SACs (like legit in the high 60s to low 70s :/) and still ended up with a 43 at the end of the day. For HHD, my SAC average was high 80s to low 90s and I ended up with a 50. So best of luck, don't stress about SACs, it's not the be all end all, just do your best on the exam x

g_jess

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #791 on: January 16, 2019, 01:24:59 pm »
I feel like this might be a stupid question but does anyone know the correct definitions for The dimensions of health and well-being for 2019? I’m not sure if they changed or not but my teachers definitions are very long and different to what I’m finding from resources online, my textbook and for the atar notes 2019 lecture slides for hhd. I just need assurance because I’m stressing over little things, if anyone could tell me it would be much appreciated.

andytime

• Adventurer
  • hello!
  • Respect: +18
« Reply #792 on: January 16, 2019, 01:41:08 pm »
+2
Welcome to the forums g_Jess!

There are no 'correct' definitions for the dimensions of health and wellbeing exactly as exam questions will no longer ask you to define a dimension of health and wellbeing but will instead, ask you to describe the dimensions of health and wellbeing which means you'll be required to make some points about the dimension (and not having a word-for-word answer is okay!).

In saying that, it brings peace of mind just to memorise and understand some definitions. On the VCAA website, there is a clarification of terminology page on which they provide definitions of the dimensions of health and wellbeing.(https://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/Pages/vce/adviceforteachers/hhd/clarification.aspx).

Directly from VCAA:
Dimensions of health and wellbeing
Students are expected to be able to describe different dimensions of health and wellbeing, including physical, social, emotional, mental and spiritual. It is important to acknowledge that these five dimensions of health a​re not isolated but are interrelated and influence each other.

Physical health and wellbeing​

Physical health relates to the functioning of the body and its systems, it includes the physical capacity to perform daily activities or tasks. Physical health is supported by factors such as regular physical activity, consuming a balanced diet, having appropriate rest/sleep, maintaining an ideal body weight, and the absence of illness, disease or injury.

Social health and wellbeing
Social health relates to the ability to form meaningful and satisfying relationships with others and the ability to manage or adapt appropriately to different social situations. It also includes the level of support provided by family and within a community to ensure that every person has equal opportunity to function as a contributing member of the society. Social health is supported by strong communication skills, empathy for others and a sense of personal accountability.

Spiritual health and wellbeing
Spiritual health is not material in nature, but relates to ideas, beliefs, values and ethics that arise in the minds and conscience of human beings. Spiritual health includes the concepts of hope, peace, a guiding sense of meaning or value, and reflection on your place in the world. Spiritual health can be highly individualised, for example in some spiritual traditions health may relate to organised religion, a higher power and prayer, in other practices it can relate to morals, values, a sense of purpose in life, connection or belonging.

Emotional health and wellbeing
Emotional health relates to the ability to express feelings in a positive way. Emotional health is about the positive management and expression of emotional actions and reactions as well as the ability to display resilience. Emotional health is the degree to which you feel emotionally secure and relaxed in everyday life.

Mental health and wellbeing
Mental health is the current state of well-being relating to the mind or brain and it relates to the ability to think and process information. A mentally healthy brain enables an individual to positively form opinions, make decisions and use logic. Mental health is about the wellness of the mind rather than illness. Mental health is associated with low levels of stress and anxiety, positive self-esteem, as well as a sense of confidence and optimism.

Hope that helps! :D

g_jess

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #793 on: January 16, 2019, 02:11:04 pm »
Makes much more sense now :) thank you that was really helpful

katemitch01

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #794 on: February 03, 2019, 05:28:48 pm »
Can anyone help me with the 'relationships or interrelationships between factors and dimensions of health and wellbeing?
Eg. How might someone's physical health and wellbeing impact on their mental health and wellbeing?
Preferably a list on how they relate to each other

I have a SAC on Tuesday and I'm really stuck :((

Thanks !!!