Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 02:00:52 am

Author Topic: Edward Snowden & 'Life of Galileo' links - Context  (Read 1088 times)  Share 

howeth277

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Joeys
  • School Grad Year: 2016
Edward Snowden & 'Life of Galileo' links - Context
« on: October 09, 2016, 04:42:48 pm »
Hey, just wondering if anyone could help me with some links between what Edward Snowden did (disclosed confidential NSA documents to the public) and the play, 'Life of Galileo'. I scored 49/50 for the context SAC doing a creative piece on these things, but am just wondering if anyone has any further ideas about how I could relate them.

This is what I have so far:

-Both Galileo and Snowden dedicated their lives to their causes.

-Both men were forced to make sacrifices, Snowden fled his family, leaving his partner, Lindsay, completely in the dark. Galileo compromised his daughter's chance to marry Ludovico, as he refused to stop studying the universe.

-Both men strived to make their information/findings accessible to the public. Snowden published his on the internet with the help of Glenn Grennwald etc, and Galileo published his not in Latin, but in the language of the "common people".

-Both men went against society's norms to do what they thought was right. Galileo defied the Catholic Church and Snowden went up against the might US government.