Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 07:41:06 am

Author Topic: HSC biased internal marking  (Read 1583 times)

huss1235

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +5
HSC biased internal marking
« on: January 01, 2018, 07:10:51 pm »
Hi happy new year I have an issue that I did not Bring up earlier so throughout 2017 me and a couple of students felt the teacher was playing favouritism and marking up a couple of students in his class we did not talk anything however I felt I got marked harshly throghout the year the students were achieving high band 6's in all the exams in the trials the two students achieved
93/100 now the hsc came around I was ranked 5/30 (intenally) for the HSC examination I came 1/30  in the two students were beating me by miles I got 66/100 in trials and 87/100 in the HSC while both students got mid 70's now the problem is that was there aligned mark while the students maintained a raw of 93 in the trials that's when the class noticed the biased marking I understand a student could of bombed an exam but both the Students with a mid 90 internal to 70's in the HSC is a big discrprency and not a coincidence thusI feel like this has jeopardised my potential of acheiving the mark I deverve as the students  ended up with an assement mark of 95 and final of 84  is there any step I can take because it is just not fair I don't get the mark I deserve due to favouritism my quality of writing was as good so I could of been ranked higher and therefore got an higher mark
Sorry for the long response just want to address this issue that has been on the back of my mind
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 07:15:03 pm by huss1235 »

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: HSC biased internal marking
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 07:47:09 pm »
Hey friend! Essentially, it's way too late to really do anything about these concerns now. It's all "maybe, maybe not" and after results are released, this is the sort of thing you would have needed to have raised while you were still at school.

For what it is worth, I highly doubt you were purposefully marked down in your assessments. There's so many factors at play, intentionally being marked down is just not a thing that would happen - You would have noticed it when you got your results back as you went!

Try not to worry about it, and sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this is just something you need to put behind you :)