Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:31:01 pm

Author Topic: Getting different atar results from different UNIVERSITIES  (Read 1485 times)  Share 

YussifK

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
Getting different atar results from different UNIVERSITIES
« on: October 10, 2019, 10:23:12 pm »
Hello,

I’ve been getting different atar scores from different UNIVERSITIES... I also put in the exact scores please help which uni is accurate.... I have screenshots down below

I’m looking for 65-70

Thank you
English:( )
Methods( )
Biology ( )
P.E ( )
Lab skills( )

DrDusk

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +130
Re: Getting different atar results from different UNIVERSITIES
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 10:31:56 pm »
Hello,

I’ve been getting different atar scores from different UNIVERSITIES... I also put in the exact scores please help which uni is accurate.... I have screenshots down below

I’m looking for 65-70

Thank you

Why does it matter which one of them is inaccurate vs the other one. Your looking for an atar of 65-70 and both are predicting within that range, so even if one was accurate and the other inaccurate you would still be within aim no matter what (theoretically). =)

YussifK

• Trendsetter
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 10:34:49 pm »
Why does it matter which one of them is inaccurate vs the other one. Your looking for an atar of 65-70 and both are predicting within that range, so even if one was accurate and the other inaccurate you would still be within aim no matter what (theoretically). =)

Thanks for your answer.....
the thing is, I’m popping in study scores that I don’t know the difficulty in obtaining them.... Pleaee help.... what study score would I need for a 70 I need answers from someone smart..
Methods( )
Biology ( )
P.E ( )
Lab skills( )

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 10:41:15 pm »
+1
Just try your hardest..... consistently worrying (or dare I say it, obsessing) over study scores etc. will drive you absolutely mad (if it hasn't already).
This close to exams (which are external and are quite significant in terms of final outcomes), just focus on doing well in those and let the rest work itself out. A lot is depending on the cohort performance anyway.

There is literally no 100% accurate way to predict what score you will get or what your aggregate will equal to in terms of an ATAR.
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

YussifK

• Trendsetter
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2019, 10:45:09 pm »
Just try your hardest..... consistently worrying (or dare I say it, obsessing) over study scores etc. will drive you absolutely mad (if it hasn't already).
This close to exams (which are external and are quite significant in terms of final outcomes), just focus on doing well in those and let the rest work itself out. A lot is depending on the cohort performance anyway.

There is literally no 100% accurate way to predict what score you will get or what your aggregate will equal to in terms of an ATAR.

I’m in year 10 lol🤷‍♂️ I go to the worst school ever.. if my cohort does bad it means I do bad I never ever get rank 1 I get mostly middle or above middle... which is a good thing in vce... however,, I’m gonna be prolly a humiliation to my parents
Methods( )
Biology ( )
P.E ( )
Lab skills( )

DrDusk

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +130
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2019, 10:58:23 pm »
+2
however,, I’m gonna be prolly a humiliation to my parents

Don't feel this way at all.

"If you live your life based off others expectations of you, you will always suffer." - Quote by someone

Secondly I doubt your parents will think of you as a failure just because you don't meet their atar expectation or something. However what matters most is if YOUR happy with your results. Most parents will be happy for you as long as your fine with what you get and you know you tried your hardest.

Thirdly your in year 10 only, in these 2 years that you have left a LOT can change trust me. I have a friend who was barely passing Maths in year 10 but then almost state ranked in Maths Extension 2! I was also doing really bad in year 10 in every subject(at a very poorly ranked school). So you got this, start year 11 on a new slate and work your hardest. =)

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2019, 11:08:16 pm »
They're probably using data from different years. Study scores will scale differently each year which means the predicted atar will change depending on the year.

You are definitely worrying too much about getting those scores - I got a 28 in English from averaging around 50% - You're only in year 10 and you have heaps of time to improve your scores so that you're able to get into the course you want.
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

YussifK

• Trendsetter
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2019, 11:12:19 pm »
They're probably using data from different years. Study scores will scale differently each year which means the predicted atar will change depending on the year.

You are definitely worrying too much about getting those scores - I got a 28 in English from averaging around 50% - You're only in year 10 and you have heaps of time to improve your scores so that you're able to get into the course you want.

I’m averaging 61 in English... and it’s my second language... when I was in primary school I only spoke Arabic.. and guess what I forgot my main language 😭 now
Methods( )
Biology ( )
P.E ( )
Lab skills( )

YussifK

• Trendsetter
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2019, 11:16:03 pm »
Don't feel this way at all.

"If you live your life based off others expectations of you, you will always suffer." - Quote by someone

Secondly I doubt your parents will think of you as a failure just because you don't meet their atar expectation or something. However what matters most is if YOUR happy with your results. Most parents will be happy for you as long as your fine with what you get and you know you tried your hardest.

Thirdly your in year 10 only, in these 2 years that you have left a LOT can change trust me. I have a friend who was barely passing Maths in year 10 but then almost state ranked in Maths Extension 2! I was also doing really bad in year 10 in every subject(at a very poorly ranked school). So you got this, start year 11 on a new slate and work your hardest. =)

My main worry is Bynes knowingness how to prepare for a sac or an exam... anyways thx for the kind words...
My dad usually say if you don’t get a good atar 60+ ima get some u know 
Methods( )
Biology ( )
P.E ( )
Lab skills( )

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2019, 11:23:09 pm »
+1
My main worry is Bynes knowingness how to prepare for a sac or an exam... anyways thx for the kind words...
My dad usually say if you don’t get a good atar 60+ ima get some u know 
If you keep up the scores you're currently getting then you'd be doing better for english than i was in year 12. Can you ask your teacher if they'd give you any tips on where to improve? Or if they'd mark any extra essays you write? You have plenty of time. I know it seems hard now, but you'll be just fine. I managed to convince myself that I'd get an ATAR in the 70's and ended up getting a 90. Talk to your teachers as much as you can about how to improve and you'll be able to do much better than what you're currently predicting.
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

hums_student

• MOTM: SEP 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +520
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2019, 11:24:18 pm »
+3
English is my third language (lol), I failed literature in year 11, ended up with a 47 raw in year 12. From year 7 to 11 I was considered a dropkick at a school already full of dropkicks, but got a 98 in the end. Basically what I'm saying is, your final results aren't determined by how well you do right now.

Making predictions right now won't help at all, in fact it's a bit counter productive actually. Instead of plugging numbers into every ATAR calculator you can find, work on building a good foundation for year 12, and the scores will naturally follow.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 11:29:04 pm by hums_student »
2019-21: Bachelor of Arts (Politics & Int'l Relations / Economics)