Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 04:11:12 pm

Author Topic: Katie-A Rhino's charge through the HSC!  (Read 22972 times)

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
Re: Katie-A Rhino's charge through the HSC!
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2017, 05:29:36 pm »
+4
Yep! This needs to happen sometime soon! (You guys are the first bunch of people that I've seriously wanted to go interstate to meet :D ).
Need more people to get their licenses first ;)

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2017, 10:19:52 pm »
+8
5/9/17
Today I had my soundcheck for my music HSC tomorrow! Yep, this time tomorrow I would have finished 70% of my external marks for music which will be amazing! I'm both excited and really nervous. For those who don't do music exams, it's basically only me, my piano accompaniment and the marker in the room. I'm having someone accompany me on the piano for all of my pieces and today we played through my pieces about 2-3 times.

It's pretty cool how far i've come with the pieces (especially how considering when I first got some of them I thought they looked so hard i'd never be able to play them well-especially the Duo Concentant). I've been practicing most of these pieces since January so I know them really well now, and am almost sick of them in a way (although I do like them).
I'm really hoping that I don't stuff up anything during the performance tomorrow! :)
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2017, 10:24:41 pm »
+4
5/9/17
Today I had my soundcheck for my music HSC tomorrow! Yep, this time tomorrow I would have finished 70% of my external marks for music which will be amazing! I'm both excited and really nervous. For those who don't do music exams, it's basically only me, my piano accompaniment and the marker in the room. I'm having someone accompany me on the piano for all of my pieces and today we played through my pieces about 2-3 times.

It's pretty cool how far i've come with the pieces (especially how considering when I first got some of them I thought they looked so hard i'd never be able to play them well-especially the Duo Concentant). I've been practicing most of these pieces since January so I know them really well now, and am almost sick of them in a way (although I do like them).
I'm really hoping that I don't stuff up anything during the performance tomorrow! :)

good luck for music tomorrow!!! hope everything goes well - you've obviously prepared a lot :-) i get what you mean about being sick of those pieces after a while, you just play them over and over and over again and they just get sooooo boring. how many performances are you doing (i know someone who's doing 4; others doing 2, split with 2 compositions)
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2017, 10:31:06 pm »
+5
good luck for music tomorrow!!! hope everything goes well - you've obviously prepared a lot :-) i get what you mean about being sick of those pieces after a while, you just play them over and over and over again and they just get sooooo boring. how many performances are you doing (i know someone who's doing 4; others doing 2, split with 2 compositions)
Thanks! :D Definitely-they are pretty much the only pieces I've focussed on for the entire year (and are still not perfect) so I can't wait to get something new! I'm doing 4 performances (so 20 minutes all up!). :)
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2017, 10:36:43 pm »
+4
Thanks! :D Definitely-they are pretty much the only pieces I've focussed on for the entire year (and are still not perfect) so I can't wait to get something new! I'm doing 4 performances (so 20 minutes all up!). :)

oooh 4 pieces over the whole year doesn't seem like fun hahahah. whatever happens, happens tomorrow and if you know you've prepared as much as possible you'll be fine :-) do you do the 4 performances consecutively? or does someone go in after you've done, say, your first and second piece, then go back in after?
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2017, 10:59:23 pm »
+4
Break a leg Katie!! I bet you'll smash it (fingers crossed you get nice markers, mine were so lovely when I did mine) ;D

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2017, 11:01:52 pm »
+6
oooh 4 pieces over the whole year doesn't seem like fun hahahah. whatever happens, happens tomorrow and if you know you've prepared as much as possible you'll be fine :-) do you do the 4 performances consecutively? or does someone go in after you've done, say, your first and second piece, then go back in after?
Yeah, you do them almost one after the other (with little breaks in between when the marker is doing feedback and writing and stuff). So, by the end of my performance for trials I was so tired.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!11111111111 GOOOODJHGSD LUCKKAAGHA I HOPE YOU DO SWELLLLL HAVE A GOOD BREAK LEG OR WHATEVER THEY USUALLY SAYY~~~ (seriously though, I will pray for you if that is what it takes :P)
Thanks so much!! (Two of my siblings have actually just recovered from broken arms-so I laugh whenever this expression is used atm). Are you religious (if so, praying would be amazing, but definitely up to you!)?

Break a leg Katie!! I bet you'll smash it (fingers crossed you get nice markers, mine were so lovely when I did mine) ;D
Thanks Jamon! :D Hopefully they are really nice (how many do you normally get?)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2017, 11:03:49 pm »
+5
Yeah, you do them almost one after the other (with little breaks in between when the marker is doing feedback and writing and stuff). So, by the end of my performance for trials I was so tired.
Thanks so much!! (Two of my siblings have actually just recovered from broken arms-so I laugh whenever this expression is used atm). Are you religious (if so, praying would be amazing, but definitely up to you!)?
Thanks Jamon! :D Hopefully they are really nice (how many do you normally get?)

I got two!! I think that's the minimum, if you get unlucky there will be a senior marker there overseeing the other two to make sure they are doing things fairly ;D

They are just teachers remember! They have no special powers. They'll be keen to see a cool performance just like anyone else would be :)

peterpiper

• Forum Obsessive
  • ppp
  • Respect: +257
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2017, 12:24:24 am »
+5

Hahah no, I'm not religious. I should've used a different expression there to avoid the confusion, but I will nevertheless wish you all the best! ;)
2017: VCE COMPLETED

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2017, 08:40:31 am »
+5
5/9/17

All the best for today, Katie. :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2017, 08:27:03 pm »
+7
6/9/17
Today I had my music exam so classes weren't compulsory for us (so I only went to Ancient and Extension).

Ancient: Today we finished our last ever Ancient PowerPoint (and the Agrippina topic). From now on were just doing revision for the topics. We are having an Ancient party next week and our teachers making an Ancient themed escape room which should be really fun.

Music: I am so relived that this is over! It's an amazing feeling! There was two examiners in the room and they were friendly. One of them tried to say a couple of jokes, which may have been funnier if I wasn't so nervous. I think that my first two pieces were pretty good but the other two weren't as great (I'd probably played them better). I think that I got slightly tired during the third piece and started making some more mistakes. However, overall I think it was a good performance. It's really annoying how I will never really get any marks or feedback from today.

Extension history: Todays my second last class of extension ever. We did a lot of revision and study skills stuff. We worked on breaking down the sources, and writing mini essay plans. I also won a JFK kahoot! Next week we are having a class party with lots of food, and fun revision stuff such as quizlets and kahoot.

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2017, 09:26:42 pm »
+3
6/9/17
Today I had my music exam so classes weren't compulsory for us (so I only went to Ancient and Extension).

Ancient: Today we finished our last ever Ancient PowerPoint (and the Agrippina topic). From now on were just doing revision for the topics. We are having an Ancient party next week and our teachers making an Ancient themed escape room which should be really fun.

Music: I am so relived that this is over! It's an amazing feeling! There was two examiners in the room and they were friendly. One of them tried to say a couple of jokes, which may have been funnier if I wasn't so nervous. I think that my first two pieces were pretty good but the other two weren't as great (I'd probably played them better). I think that I got slightly tired during the third piece and started making some more mistakes. However, overall I think it was a good performance. It's really annoying how I will never really get any marks or feedback from today.

Extension history: Todays my second last class of extension ever. We did a lot of revision and study skills stuff. We worked on breaking down the sources, and writing mini essay plans. I also won a JFK kahoot! Next week we are having a class party with lots of food, and fun revision stuff such as quizlets and kahoot.

Well done Katie! Huge load of the shoulders I'm sure, glad it went well! ;D

You can actually request your marks for the performances, but it costs money :(

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2017, 09:38:39 pm »
+4
6/9/17

hey hey!!! congrats on finishing your first hsc exam, must be an amazing feeling!!!!

history extension sounds so great - i miss it a loooott. one of the best subjects. jfk? more like jf-bae. (or not. as evident through the public and private option of that topic.) hope you have a great rest of your term! x

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2017, 09:49:30 pm »
+3
Well done Katie! Huge load of the shoulders I'm sure, glad it went well! ;D

You can actually request your marks for the performances, but it costs money :(
Thanks Jamon! :D
Probably won't request my marks but I'll keep that in mind.

hey hey!!! congrats on finishing your first hsc exam, must be an amazing feeling!!!!

history extension sounds so great - i miss it a loooott. one of the best subjects. jfk? more like jf-bae. (or not. as evident through the public and private option of that topic.) hope you have a great rest of your term! x
Thanks, feels great! JFK's pretty cool although I never did the public and private option. Did you study him when you did extension?
Can't believe there is just over two weeks left of school! I still have classes for the whole of next week and then the Monday and half of the Tuesday of the week afterwards. Week 9 is mainly fun stuff though (class parties, staff v. students soccer match, graduation, formal,etc.) :D!
Hope you have an amazing end of term aswell! 
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 09:51:05 pm by katie,rinos »

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2017, 09:50:43 pm »
+5
Not much to contribute atm but you're an absolute legend and congrats for today.

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.