Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 04:34:12 am

Author Topic: Failing unit 1 for chemistry....  (Read 830 times)  Share 

LolYi

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Failing unit 1 for chemistry....
« on: June 04, 2019, 09:26:42 am »
Hi guys,

I've got a small issue with my study in chemistry, and the story is that I am currently passing all of my sacs, yet for AOS2, I was supposed to find a topic, research it and make a video about it. Yet I dug a hole for myself....... The topic I have chosen was too hard to be expressed in a video, and the topic was beyond my level of knowledge so I just gave up on it without any communication with the teacher..... After considering the weighing and everything, I only need a 50% in the mid year exam to pass overall, yet, I have completely failed an area of study, so under a circumstance like this, will I still be able to carry on with chemistry for units 3&4 next year?

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: Failing unit 1 for chemistry....
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 10:06:52 am »
+1
This is something you should talk to your teacher about as it's your school's decision.  Your teacher could have you demonstrate the outcome another way (meaning that you pass the outcome) but how/if that happens isn't in the control of any of us here.

My recommendation is that you speak to your teacher about this asap (and very politely since you're potentially generating extra work for them)