Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 07:51:55 pm

Author Topic: Ask Monash University  (Read 339919 times)  Share 

cosine

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +273
Re: Ask Monash University
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2015, 12:44:10 pm »
Hi,

What is the absolute minimum ATAR requirement for Bachelor of Biomedicine at Monash, with and without SEAS application?

Thank you,

Cosine
2016-2019: Bachelor of Biomedicine
2015: VCE (ATAR: 94.85)

wonga

« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2015, 01:18:08 pm »
Hi wonga, could you provide us with some more information?  Transfer offer dates differ by faculty, and also differ depending on whether or not you’re transferring externally (from another institution) or internally (from one Monash course to another). Just let us know the faculty you want to transfer into, and whether the transfer would be from within, or to, Monash.
Whoops, yep, internal transfer to biomed thanks :)

extremeftw

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +25
« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2015, 12:41:20 am »
 I am considering revoking credit for a previously credited unit as I want to free up space in my course for a more relevant unit.

I am curious to know how this affects my academic transcript. If credit for a unit is revoked, does that mean the unit itself is simply removed from my academic transcript? Does it mean my WAM/GPA will now be calculated without that unit being considered?

Some background information if it helps: I transferred from Arts/Science to Arts/Economics, and the unit that I want to revoke credit for is a science unit to make room for an economics one.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 10:32:01 pm by extremeftw »

bts

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2015, 01:36:52 pm »
The minimum WAM required to transfer into a biomedical science single or double degree is 70, however it is suggested you aim as high as possible as selection is made purely based on grades.

I have already submitted in my VTAC application, and am currently in the process of submitting in a credit application, I am applying for a transferal to second year biomedical science (scholars program), but I fear that my academic transcript will not come out for another 15 business days. is there anything I should be doing now?

Ask Monash University

• Official Representative of Monash University
  • Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Monash University
  • Respect: +14
« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2015, 05:10:11 pm »
+3
Hello everyone, it’s been great being with you on the forum these last few months- we’ve certainly enjoyed chatting with you and in return, hope you’ve found this service useful.

For Year 12 students, we’re thinking of you especially at this time, with the final week countdown to results. We understand the questions and the challenges that lay ahead as you decide the next steps on your educational journey. To assist you, we have a number of plans in place and there are many different forums to have your questions answered throughout your Change of Preference time (Monday 14- Monday 21 December 2015).

For personalised, on-the-spot service, come to our Change of Preference Expo.
Wednesday 16 December, 3-7pm, Caulfield campus.
During Change of Preference week, the best place to have your questions answered and get final information about studying at Monash is at our Expo on the 16 December.  Not only will you be able to speak to staff from each of our 10 faculties, there will also be teams from departments such as Scholarships, Admissions, Study Abroad and Future Students there to assist you. This year, we are also offering new activities to give you a taste of Monash life.  These include one-on-one appointments with trained careers counsellors, entertainment from Monash clubs and societies, and an opportunity to share your thanks with your many supporters through school.  There’ll be loads of free giveaways and social media fun – make sure you bring along your mobile phone.
For more information and to register for the event, visit our Change of Preference website.

Other in-person activities during Change of Preference week.
If you’re unavailable to attend our Expo, you may be interested in some of the other personalised, on-campus activities happening in the week of the 14 December.  We are offering one-on-one counselling at a number of campuses as well as tours. 
For more information, visit this page.

ATARNotes during Change of Preference week.
We will be monitoring the ATARNotes forum daily from Monday- Friday during Change of Preference week and will try to respond to your questions within a 48-hour turnaround period. For questions posted on the morning of Monday 21 December (the last morning of Change of Preference), we will try to rush through a response but can’t guarantee we can get the information to you by the VTAC closing time of 12pm. We advise that all enquiries are lodged with us as soon as possible.
Remember that for a more immediate response to your questions, you can contact us via phone or email as below.  Our 1800 Monash hotline will be open for extended hours during CoP week- visit this page for more details. 
Phone: 1800 MONASH
Email: [email protected]

Got a question?  Ask it now.
We know that Change of Preference week will be busy for us both on and off the forum- so if you’ve got a question that you think you’ll want answered before the end of the year, the sooner you ask it, the better.  The university will close from Wednesday 23 December, and reopen on Monday 4 January 2016.  We will resume our regular monitoring of ATARNotes on Thursday 7 January 2016.

IB Student Change of Preference.
IB Change of Preference occurs between 10am-4pm on Monday 4 January 2016.  See below for details of the dedicated services we are offering to IB students.
- IB seminar at our CoP Expo: 2:20pm, Wednesday 16 December, Caulfield campus. You may still be waiting for your results, but that doesn’t mean you can’t start thinking about your course preferences.  We’ll give you some tips to make your decision in January easier. For more information, visit here.
- Dedicated IB hotline. If you would like to talk to someone, please call Richenda Sabo, Student Recruitment Coordinator on 03 9903 1613 with your questions.
- ATARNotes. We will respond to questions asked by IB students on ATARNotes on Monday 4 January between 10am-2pm.  Unfortunately we can’t guaranatee our reply turn around time for questions asked after 2pm and would encourage you to contact our Student Recruitment Coordinator by phone for an immediate response.

Wishing all Year 12 graduates the best of luck for Monday. Just a reminder- our Change of Preference Expo is Wednesday 16 December.
The Monash ATARNotes team
Monash University ATAR Notes team. For more information about Monash and our courses visit study.monash

bts

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2015, 07:16:44 pm »
Hello,
Just wondering when is the monash faculties office open til, so i can submit in a credit application? :)
Also, how does external transfer to monash work? (biomed scholars) just apply to vtac and apply for credits if i don't want to start as a first year again?

Ask Monash University

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Monash University
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2015, 10:31:21 am »
Hi,

What is the absolute minimum ATAR requirement for Bachelor of Biomedicine at Monash, with and without SEAS application?

Thank you,

Cosine
Hi cosine, we can’t give you a minimum ATAR requirement for the Bachelor of Biomedical Science or any of our courses as there is no way of knowing one prior to selection.  You should use last year’s clearly-in ATAR for the course (95.5) as an indication of what you need if you don’t have a SEAS application, however this score may change a little for 2016 entry (it may move up or down depending on how many people apply and the number of places available).  Further, SEAS bonusing is awarded on a case-by-case basis according to an individual’s circumstances- in other words, each SEAS application will qualify for different bonusing.  To get an idea of how many SEAS points you may qualify for, and the estimated ATAR you will then need to achieve, use our SEAS estimate calculator located here.
Monash University ATAR Notes team. For more information about Monash and our courses visit study.monash

rajinikanth

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2015, 11:24:07 pm »
Hey guys!!

Iv'e currently finished the diploma of tertiary studies in Monash Peninsula and looking to transfer into the BBus in Monash Caulfield. Ive submitted the vtac application and have got the supplementary forms all ready. My results for the units were:

ECP1100   MICROECONOMICS   77   D
EDF1010   LEARNING IN A UNIVERSITY CONTEXT   86   HD
MGP1010 INTRODUCTION TO MANAGEMENT   65   C
MKP1120    MARKETING THEORY AND PRACTICE   70   D
ACP1000   PRINCIPLES OF ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE   48   N
BTP1010   COMMERCIAL LAW     61   C
EDF1011 KNOWLEDGE AND CONTEXT    60   C
MKP2701    CONSUMER PSYCHOLOGY        65   C
WAM    66.33

As you can see i failed the one unit accounting unfortunately. I was wondering if the transfer would still be possible and what were the chances of it being accepted?

Cheers in advance!!

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2015, 03:42:01 pm »
Hey guys - remember this thread is here for all your Monash-related questions :).
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

imaware

• Forum Regular
  • School: Private
  • School Grad Year: 2015
« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2015, 05:37:51 pm »
Hey,
So received my atar of 92.40 and throughout the year i've been hoping of getting into arts/law.
I know the Monash guarantee is 94 and was wondering would Monash still consider my application even though I got below 94? ( I have 3 seas categories and like 1 subject bonus)

Also heard Monash is offering the Law/global studies for the first time this year, does this mean there are more positions available for Law? I'm thinking of placing Law/global studies as my first preference in hope that they would be more likely to provide me a spot below the clearly in.( guessing there would be less demand for law/global studies when compared to arts/law, is this a wise move?)

Is there any hope, should i keep my 2 Law preferences at Monash or am I doomed?
Thanks

Cjmchenry

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #85 on: December 16, 2015, 10:22:22 pm »
Posted this on another part of this forum before I realised you guys were on here,

anyway, this was my question - I Missed out on the 98 clearly-in ATAR for Monash Law / Commerce - receiving instead a 97.8. Looking at the VTAC course guide for this degree, bonus aggregate points are offered if certain scores are achieved in certain subjects. A maximum of five points can be awarded; I qualify for three because of 40+ study scores achieved in English, Global Politics and Legal Studies.

Can you comment on how these bonus points might impact my score and entry prospects? Any help greatly appreciated! :)

Skaia

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #86 on: December 16, 2015, 11:45:04 pm »
Posted here before but I don't think it went through/can't find it as the site is buggy... Basically I have a question about the diploma of languages - Is it possible to complete the diploma alongside a double degree such as BBiomedSci/BEng or BBiomedSci/BCom? If so, would this mean studying 1 language unit alongside 2+2 degree units per semester or something and how long would the degree duration be extended by?
Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 11:51:38 pm by Skaia »

Ask Monash University

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Monash University
« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2015, 01:27:08 pm »
Hey,
So received my atar of 92.40 and throughout the year i've been hoping of getting into arts/law.
I know the Monash guarantee is 94 and was wondering would Monash still consider my application even though I got below 94? ( I have 3 seas categories and like 1 subject bonus)

Also heard Monash is offering the Law/global studies for the first time this year, does this mean there are more positions available for Law? I'm thinking of placing Law/global studies as my first preference in hope that they would be more likely to provide me a spot below the clearly in.( guessing there would be less demand for law/global studies when compared to arts/law, is this a wise move?)

Is there any hope, should i keep my 2 Law preferences at Monash or am I doomed?
Thanks

Hi Imaware! Congratulations on achieving such an excellent ATAR!

Although you did not achieve the Monash Guarantee ATAR of 94 for the Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Laws (Honours) double degree, you may still be eligible for consideration through other criteria such as SEAS Adjustment and Subject Bonus for up to 20 aggregate points. In addition, 98.00 was the 2015 Clearly-in ATAR and should only be used as a guide. The 2016 Clearly-in ATAR is yet to be determined, so keep your hopes up!

If you are also interested in the Bachelor of Laws (Honours), Bachelor of Global Studies double degree, you should include this in your preference list. You should list the courses in your VTAC Preference list in order of preference and not in the order of what you think you may get into. Similarly, you should also consider including the single degree options of Bachelor of Laws (Honours), Bachelor of Global Studies and the Bachelor of Arts as pathways into the double degree of your choice.

We hope this has helped to answer your question. If you would like to talk it over with someone here at Monash, please contact us via Monash Connect on 1800 666 274 (1800 MONASH).

Ask Monash University

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Monash University
« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2015, 01:32:05 pm »
Posted this on another part of this forum before I realised you guys were on here,

anyway, this was my question - I Missed out on the 98 clearly-in ATAR for Monash Law / Commerce - receiving instead a 97.8. Looking at the VTAC course guide for this degree, bonus aggregate points are offered if certain scores are achieved in certain subjects. A maximum of five points can be awarded; I qualify for three because of 40+ study scores achieved in English, Global Politics and Legal Studies.

Can you comment on how these bonus points might impact my score and entry prospects? Any help greatly appreciated! :)

Hi Cjmchenry, congratulations on achieving an ATAR of 97.80! Although you may have missed out on the 2015 clearly-in ATAR for the Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Commerce double degree, the 2016 clearly-in ATAR will be released once first round offers are made. As the clearly-in ATAR fluctuates, you may still meet the clearly-in for 2016.

Regarding Subject Bonuses, this works by adding bonus aggregate points to the aggregate score you achieved with your ATAR. For example, if you had achieved an ATAR of 97.80, your aggregate score would have been between 184.31 - 184.57. If you achieve an extra 3 aggregate points through Subject Bonus, your aggregate will be modified to 187.31 – 187.57, which is equivalent to an adjusted ATAR of 98.25. This is what we will be using to see whether you satisfy the 2016 clearly-in for this double degree.

Ask Monash University

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Monash University
« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2015, 01:33:56 pm »
Posted here before but I don't think it went through/can't find it as the site is buggy... Basically I have a question about the diploma of languages - Is it possible to complete the diploma alongside a double degree such as BBiomedSci/BEng or BBiomedSci/BCom? If so, would this mean studying 1 language unit alongside 2+2 degree units per semester or something and how long would the degree duration be extended by?
Thanks!

Hi Skaia, students enrolled in a Monash University degree, including double degrees, are eligible to complete a concurrent Diploma in Languages. The diploma will usually add one year onto your studies, although depending on the degree you are enrolled in, you may be required to overload your units to be able to complete all three qualifications concurrently. You may apply for the Diploma in Languages upon completion Year 1 of your bachelor degree, at which time, a Course Adviser will be available to discuss how the Diploma in Languages can fit into the structure of your double degree.