Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 04:16:00 pm

Author Topic: PSA: Lower than expected study scores  (Read 1250 times)  Share 

colline

• MOTM: NOV 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • ♡ 2 Timothy 1:7 ♡
  • Respect: +512
PSA: Lower than expected study scores
« on: December 04, 2018, 02:06:53 am »
+9
-- Just a little PSA regarding results --

Hey AN :D I’m not sure whether this should go in here or in the technical score discussion board, so please move it for me if I’m posting in the wrong spot here ;D. Anyway, I’ve been meaning to post this since exams finished but kept forgetting haha!

This is just a little reminder for everyone getting their study score/s on the 14th of December – if you believe that the study score/s you get do not reflect your true potential or your exam performance, you can challenge it! You’ll be surprised by how careless VCAA is sometimes. They can definitely make mistakes, however it’ll be up to you to point them out!

My friend’s story
This was from 2015. My friend did EAL 3/4 and was devastated by her 28 study score – it didn’t satisfy the prerequisite of 30 needed for pretty much every course at every university. However after looking into it VCAA realised they made a mistake and her result went from 28 to 33, thus qualifying her for her top preference.

The point I’m trying to make here is – VCAA isn’t perfect, they mess up more often than you would expect, and their mistakes can come at your expense. However, if you do something about it, then you might not only raise your own study score but save an entire cohort.

Tl;dr – if the study score/s you get on results day is much lower than expected, give VCAA a call. :)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 10:36:48 pm by colline »

VCE: Literature [50] Methods [50] Further [48] Chemistry [40] Biology [33]
2022: Bachelor of Science (Mathematical Economics) @ ANU