Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:04:02 pm

Author Topic: Edrolo for biology??  (Read 2114 times)  Share 

jammol7

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +18
Edrolo for biology??
« on: March 03, 2019, 11:21:07 pm »
My school doesn't use Edrolo, we just rely on textbook questions, company worksheets & exams, and resources from VCAA. I've heard some people say Edrolo's really helpful in terms of content but others seem to treat the dude in all the bio videos as nothing but a meme. For those of you who have done 3&4 bio before, would you recommend it? Did they have useful practice questions and detailed explanations?

Recently had my first SAC and I feel like my current resources aren't enough. The ones who scored A's and A+'s all do tutoring and whatnot.

Thanks.
VCE 2019-21
Lit 38 | Methods 47 | Bio 49 | Chem 50 |  PE 43 | Drama 38 | Sport & Rec 36

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
Re: Edrolo for biology??
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 09:36:30 am »
+3
Douchy is definitely a bit of a meme - but in a good way haha.

You can't get edrolo as an individual, it has to be bought through your school. However Douchy also has a free podcast which goes through the content somewhat similarly to how he goes through it on edrolo. Obviously it lacks the questions to go along with it, but if you're just looking for another explanation of the content then it's worth checking out.
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

jammol7

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +18
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 08:37:32 pm »
Douchy is definitely a bit of a meme - but in a good way haha.

You can't get edrolo as an individual, it has to be bought through your school. However Douchy also has a free podcast which goes through the content somewhat similarly to how he goes through it on edrolo. Obviously it lacks the questions to go along with it, but if you're just looking for another explanation of the content then it's worth checking out.

Thank you PhoenixxFire for the link to the podcast :)
VCE 2019-21
Lit 38 | Methods 47 | Bio 49 | Chem 50 |  PE 43 | Drama 38 | Sport & Rec 36

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 08:41:12 pm »
+2
Doing 1/2 bio this year, I have to say that Edrolo has been a real lifesaver for me! It's awesome to get ahead and learn content ahead of time, great if you miss a class and really helpful if you just need to hear someone else explain the topic. If you can get access, I would highly recommend it. The videos are awesome and Douchy is great, not so sure if it's worth getting the workbook though.