Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 03:19:36 am

Author Topic: Business Management: Discussion, Questions & Potential Solutions  (Read 20305 times)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
+1

This thread is for all exam-related discussion. Was it easy? Was it hard? What did you get for each question? Feel free to post any and all of your thoughts below.

If you don't have an ATAR Notes account yet, no stress - you can register for free here!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 03:08:04 pm by Joseph41 »

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

kat01

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
Re: Business Management: Discussion, Questions & Potential Solutions
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 05:28:05 pm »
+1
WHERE WAS SENGEEEEE ;(((

technodisney

• MOTM: AUG 2018
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
  • Respect: +456
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 05:45:08 pm »
+1
WHERE WAS SENGEEEEE ;(((

IKR. Haha.
Senge was one of the things I actually put a lot of effort into.

That 10 marker threw me off. I got the CSR considerations but not the second part of the question and the other Two things we need to refer to (see, I even forgot the question haha)
My Informatics 3/4 SAT Guide

Methods, BusMan, EngLang, Informatics, VET IT
technodisney's VCE Journal
Cert IV Live Production and Technical Services RMIT (City Campus)
technodisney's journey into Live Theatre
The Disney Nerd needs to get fit

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. ~ Walt Disney

DoctorTwo

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 05:47:30 pm »
WHERE WAS SENGEEEEE ;(((

Nowhere to be found thankfully :)
What ‘contemporary’ case study did everyone use? 

vceme

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 05:58:50 pm »
+1
10 marker question and the awards/agreements questions were awfully similar to the sample 2017 exam. Huge advantage if you had the copy to the answers  ;D

WHERE WAS SENGEEEEE ;(((
I was ready to spit out my memorised definitions of senge's principals :(

Nowhere to be found thankfully :)
What ‘contemporary’ case study did everyone use? 
Telstra...
But also what the heck VCAA, out of all questions where we had to implement a case study... leadership in change management???

My hands definitely need a rest tonight haha... the amount of 5-7 mark questions  ???
Graduated in 2018. Top 5%.

evaodono01

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 06:09:15 pm »
what did everybody say for the redeployment question, i got so confused

DoctorTwo

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 06:28:49 pm »
Redeployment of resources is in the study design but it’s not in the hard copy version of the Jacaranda textbook or the online version, it was in the 2018 one which you needed to download separately, which I think is dumb because it should’ve been in the textbook since it’s literally in the study design. I think I wrote something like shifting labour from manufacturing of tinted windows to customer service or quality control or something. This is what the 2018 Jacaranda ebook says about it: ‘Redeployment refers to moving resources from one area in a business to another area of the business. A business will typically move resources to a different area in the business to improve efficiency.’

Little Miss Cocopops

• Trailblazer
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2018, 07:29:29 pm »
+2
Redeployment of resources refers to the transfer of natural labour or capital resource to another purpose in the business
Because we had to refer to KPI's on the page before I said:
-Due to net profit decreasing- move machinery overseas as it is cheaper to conduct this overseas. This would help Wilkinsons be more profitable, hence helping to remain profitable
-Staff absence increasing allow employees to move into different areas in the business, to improve job satisfaction as they can complete more stimulating tasks, helping to ensure employees continue to turn up to work at wilkinson

Little Miss Cocopops

• Trailblazer
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2018, 07:33:16 pm »
How did people tackle the 10 marker:

Analyse two ways in corporate social responsibility can influence the decisions of management? Refer to two areas of management responsibility

kat01

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2018, 07:43:20 pm »

Analyse two ways in corporate social responsibility can influence the decisions of management? Refer to two areas of management responsibility
The first one i did related to the 'operations' area of management. I said although it can be more expensive, they should source inputs from local suppliers.. reduces transportation, reduces carbon footprint, support local economy..
For the second one i did hr managers. I said they should maintain sensitivity at termination and provide transition services..
Im not really sure if what i wrote is right but i seriously couldnt think of anything else! What did you write? :)

Jackomate

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2018, 07:49:24 pm »
This is what I did

Operations- inputs, outputs and processes
-Inputs
Through sourcing inputs locally, shows concern for local economy
Operations manager may choose to source overseas due to being cheaper
-Processes
Engaing in the processes of recycling and removing waste, shows concern for environment
May not want to engage in environmentally friendly process, as it is costly
-Outputs
Quality outputs, shows concern for consumer
May not do this because it is costly

HR- establishment, maintenance and termination
-Establishment
Employ a wide variety- age, race gender as it shows concern for employees
May not want to engage in this, may be time-consuming to hire a variety
-Maintenance
Provision of training, shows concern for personal growth
May choose not to do this because it is costly
-Termination
Outplacement and financial services, shows concern for wellbeing
Not doing this because it is costly

Is this ok?

Jackomate

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2018, 07:52:11 pm »
+2
With maslow question
I said that physiological needs were not being met because "they were working long hours"
Anyone else say the same thing

Little Miss Cocopops

• Trailblazer
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2018, 07:55:34 pm »
Change in managment style question

I said two-way communication-> employees have greater input hence meaning they feel valued. This therefore improved staff absense
I also said centralised decision making- employees are given sense of direction and clear direction on action needed to be taken by the business to improve net profit.

I feel that this is bad- anyone else write this

Rich3331

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2018, 07:58:47 pm »

I first explained what finance was, including how it guides the financial decision making of the business by preparing and planning financial information like budgets. I then proposed a csr consideration of adopting green energy technology.
I explained the positive implications, eg less carbon footprint and energy consumption. I then said finance can decide to allocate funds to investment in green energy technology, as it can attract customers, hence increase revenue and thus achieve objectives of making profit.
Afterwards, I said however, the business may not have the funds to allocate investment into green technology, and therefore finance’s decision making won’t be impacted as they will need to rather invest in more unhealthy and cheaper ways of recovering energy (incineration)

I then explained humans resources. I proposed a csr consideration of downsizing staff through technology. I said hr can reallocate employees to a different role in the business instead of being retrenched, to maintain it’s  “positive contribution” to employment opportunities. Although, I then said if the senior management insists technology is critical to sustaining business growth, hr will be compelled to enforce their decision and retrench employees where no job reallocations are available and therefore this considerations impact on their decision making is limited
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 08:00:47 pm by Rich3331 »

technodisney

• MOTM: AUG 2018
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
  • Respect: +456
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2018, 08:00:26 pm »
Change in managment style question

I said two-way communication-> employees have greater input hence meaning they feel valued. This therefore improved staff absense
I also said centralised decision making- employees are given sense of direction and clear direction on action needed to be taken by the business to improve net profit.

I feel that this is bad- anyone else write this

I think it was referring to the autocratic, persuasive, consultative, laissez faire and whatever the other one is.

I think you were meant to mention one of them then talk about one or two way and centralised or decentralised.
My Informatics 3/4 SAT Guide

Methods, BusMan, EngLang, Informatics, VET IT
technodisney's VCE Journal
Cert IV Live Production and Technical Services RMIT (City Campus)
technodisney's journey into Live Theatre
The Disney Nerd needs to get fit

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. ~ Walt Disney