Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 10:52:34 pm

Author Topic: I used correction tape!  (Read 1217 times)

oceanchic

• Fresh Poster
I used correction tape!
« on: November 03, 2018, 06:54:25 pm »
I used correction tape in all of my exams and I had no idea you couldn't use it! What will happen? I am really worried.

kauac

• Forum Leader
Re: I used correction tape!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 11:01:02 am »
I used correction tape in all of my exams and I had no idea you couldn't use it! What will happen? I am really worried.

Hi...
I'm not aware of any official rules about using correction tape, but I don't think anything too serious will result out of using it in your exams.

The main thing I was thinking is that they won't be able to read what you 'crossed out', which most of the time is fine. But in some subjects, like Maths, the markers are able to award some marks for working out/answers, even if it is crossed out. So potentially this is a tiny thing that you might have missed out on, but you shouldn't need to worry about it.  :)
2018: HSC

2019: Gap Year

2020-2024: B Science / M Nutrition & Dietetics @ USYD

charlottemchenry

• Forum Regular
Re: I used correction tape!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 12:36:26 pm »

I've heard that the issue can be to do with the scanners I think someone said sometimes it will pick up what was under the tape (fairly sure). Don't stress about it there's nothing you can do and the markers do their absolute best to give you marks and the chances are it will scan perfectly fine (I've scanned stuff with whiteout before and it was fine).

Good luck!
HSC 2018 - Standard English [88] || Mathematics [89] || Biology [89] || Chemistry [83] || Legal Studies [92] || Studies of Religion 1 [45]

Atar:

UTS 2019 - Bachelor of Advanced Science (Infection and Immunity) and Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation