Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 12:48:08 am

Author Topic: Just wondering about my study score for further maths ...  (Read 6928 times)  Share 

Odette

Just wondering about my study score for further maths ...
« on: October 20, 2007, 02:56:49 pm »
Well hello everyone, i was wondering what kind of results i would need on the further maths exam i would need to get at least a 45...
Ive averaged about 95% for my SACs, if that helps, oh and im ranked number 1 in my class, by far.

rustic_metal

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 03:21:26 pm »
probably a high A+....everyone needs a high A+ to score high in further...

Odette

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 03:24:56 pm »
Quote from: "rustic_metal"
probably a high A+....everyone needs a high A+ to score high in further...

Ok thanks :)

so far im getting full marks on my practice exams and i scored a high A+ on my school trial exam one, ill find out what i got for exam two on monday .. :)

enwiabe

• Putin
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +529
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 03:28:04 pm »
You should be fine. Don't worry, Further's not particularly difficult. :P Just gotta watch the silly mistakes.

Odette

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 03:30:07 pm »
Quote from: "enwiabe"
You should be fine. Don't worry, Further's not particularly difficult. :P Just gotta watch the silly mistakes.

Yeah true :), I used to make heaps of silly mistakes, but ive found if i read the question twice i avoid making a lot of mistakes :) hehe

RD

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 07:18:42 pm »
i reckon you could get close to 50 :D

Eriny

• The lamp of enlightenment
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +100
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 09:33:47 pm »
Yeah, if you're getting those kinds of practise exam marks you should be feeling very confident :)

AppleXY

• Life cannot be Delta Hedged.
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Even when the bears bite, confidence never dies.
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 11:54:50 pm »
I have great confidence that you'll get >45 for further. 50 is very much in your scope as well. 100% on exams will do teh trick.

2009 - BBus (Econometrics/Economics&Fin) @ Monash

For Email: click here

Need a question answered? Merspi it!

[quote="Benjamin F

Odette

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2007, 07:52:52 am »
Ok thanks everyone :) i feel a little more confident now hehe, 45+ here i come!! haha

asa.hoshi

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2007, 09:34:52 am »
just take your time doing your further exams. you have more than enough time to answer each question slowly and to do it to the best of your ability.

my exam flaw techique last year during my further exam was rushing through the questions. i skim through the question without reading the question thoroughly. Like in the Further Exam 1 MC 3, it asked for the "maximum range of the temperature." But since i skimmed through that question, i just read it as "maximum temperature." So I lost a mark on the MC exam. I lost other marks too in other section, but my grade was a low A+. I manage 2 low A+s on my further exam and achieved a 42 study score. I was hoping for higher, but I got what I deserved.

So if you manage 38+ out of 40 for Exam 1 and 55+ for exam 2, I'm sure you'll get 45+ study score. But make sure you show some decent working out and READ THE QUESTION SLOWLY!!! lol.
I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER!!

Odette

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2007, 09:38:46 am »
Quote from: "asa.hoshi"
just take your time doing your further exams. you have more than enough time to answer each question slowly and to do it to the best of your ability.

my exam flaw techique last year during my further exam was rushing through the questions. i skim through the question without reading the question thoroughly. Like in the Further Exam 1 MC 3, it asked for the "maximum range of the temperature." But since i skimmed through that question, i just read it as "maximum temperature." So I lost a mark on the MC exam. I lost other marks too in other section, but my grade was a low A+. I manage 2 low A+s on my further exam and achieved a 42 study score. I was hoping for higher, but I got what I deserved.

So if you manage 38+ out of 40 for Exam 1 and 55+ for exam 2, I'm sure you'll get 45+ study score. But make sure you show some decent working out and READ THE QUESTION SLOWLY!!! lol.

Yeah reading is really important, i read each question carefully now, because i made careless mistakes in the past..

brendan

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2007, 09:55:54 pm »
Quote from: "asa.hoshi"

lol true, and once you finish the exam don't talk to anyone, its a sure fire way to be depressed.