Administration > New Users Lounge

Make Your First Post!

(1/194) > >>

brenden:

Hey everyone!

We've set up some questions to offer some direction to your first post (or third, or fourth... or fiftieth).

The reasons for these questions are two-fold:

1) It will give you something to write about
2) It will allow us to get to know you. We're a small little community, and we function best when we all know each other!  ;D

The Questions

1. What state & year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)

2. What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification. (Mandatory)

3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory).

4. Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve? (Optional)

5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional).

To answer these questions, click "select", then Ctrl + C and paste it onto your reply when you make your post (this will reserve the bold font, created by the code).

--- Code: ---[b]1. What state & year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)[/b]

[b]2. What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification. (Mandatory)[/b]

[b]3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory). [/b]

[b]4. Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve? (Optional)[/b]

[b]5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional). [/b]
--- End code ---
Please feel free to answer as many or as little questions as you like, in as much or as little detail as you see fit.

Otherwise - GO! Make your first post :)

jamonwindeyer:
I want to join in! Don't prejudice me based on post count  ;)

1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory) - I'm currently at University (UNSW), studying Electrical Engineering!

2. What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification. (Mandatory) - Hugo. Like, WTF was that crap. Don't care what the critics say, absolute rubbish to me  ;)

3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory). - Hmmm, a flamethrower?

4. Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve? (Optional) - I want to be fulfilled in my career and improve the quality of life of someone. If that's my family, great. If it's the people I work with, even better. If I can design something absolutely amazing and improve a lot of peoples lives, then that's a really successful career for me. That's the sappy cute version, but I'd love to manage an Engineering Company at some stage of my life. Recently, I've thought the latter half of my career could be spent doing lecturing at uni, since I love teaching. But maybe ATAR Notes will get that out of my system early (unlikely, bloody love lecturing)

5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional). ATAR NOTES: "A reply has been posted to a topic you are watching. Click here to reply." I love my girlfriend, I love my family, I love ATAR Notes, and I'm an Apple fanboy nerd who'd rather watch the Discovery Channel at home than go out to a nightclub. If I do something, I might as well do a bloody good job of it  ;)

elysepopplewell:
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)
I'm in my first year of Uni! I'm about to start my second Semester. My three subjects are Journalism, Social and Political Science, and Citizenship & Communication!
The Cameron Diaz movie, "Sex Tape." It was legitimately the worst. It looked funny and modern but it was one of the shittiest plots ever.
3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory).
I'm not well versed in the zombie world. Is a sword a bad idea? I'd hold it out and spin in a circle non-stop and swipe everything in a metre radius of me? But then again that means the zombies would be wayyyy too close before I attack. My weapon would probably be a city of people to use as live bait so I can run.
Basically I want to be Amal Clooney.
5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional).
19 years long, creative, enjoyable and privileged. That's one sentence. I stand by my statement.

pi:
Welcome to AN all, please feel free to post any questions you have about school, uni, miscellaneous life... whatever! :)

1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)
Fifth and penultimate year of uni, studying Monash MBBS(Hons) and BMedSc(Hons).

To Kill a Mockingbird. Scout's voice wants to make me kill myself over and over.

One of those National Press Club blokes, can put anyone and anything into a deep coma within seconds. However, as an avid The Walking Dead fan, it seems that a gun with a lot of ammo and perfect head-shot aim would be the best bet.

I want to be a person who is happy and does good things :)

Born, studying, lived a little, more studying, still hoping that a short man like me can make it in this tall world.

brenden:
Well, I've done three years of uni, but I have *one* subject left to complete. In my final semester, when I was due to finish, I dropped a unit because I was working too much to do 4... Thus prolonging the completion of my degree. I started uni 3.5 years ago now, and I'm still not enrolled in my final unit. #awkward.

Finishing quickly's not everything, pals ;)

Safe Haven. I literally wrote this question so I could talk about how much I hate the movie Safe Haven. I mean like, come ON Nicholas Sparks. Loved the Notebook, loved Dear John... Started Safe Haven thinking "yeah alright, cool, should be good". And you know what? It was. UNTIL A RANDOM FUCKING GHOST APPEARED OUT OF NO WHERE LIKE WHAT THE FUCK?! Literally the worst plot device in the entire world, absolutely ruined the fkn movie. Fuck you, Safe Haven.

--- Quote from: jamonwindeyer on July 19, 2016, 08:44:56 pm ---3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory). - Hmmm, a flamethrower?

--- End quote ---
Bruh??? You would run out of gas so fast. What if you are hiding in a forest and there are no cars to steal fuel from, then you run into zombies? Hmm?

I've thought a lot about this. A chainsaw would be good, but everyone knows that a zombie's bones are sinewy and would jam the chainsaw. I have problems with guns and anything else that requires ammo/fuel... We're in Austraila... where would you get easily accessible bullets. Where? And even if you did get bullets, how many could you reasonably carry with you?

For this reason, I would choose a double-bladed weapon of some sort. As Elyse said, you could just spin around to fight zombie hordes, can attack from a reasonable distance (better than a knife etc). Would like to get zombies from long-range though but... you win some, you lose some, right?

I just wanna be fresh af. Humble, kind... I want to have money enough for freedom but I'm scared of becoming some fellow in his suit who lives in a little bubble - car, office, car, house, repeat. I just want to keep a lot of perspective and be a full-time mad guy. That'd be an achievement for me.

I'd say... "fuck". Basically... I work full-time for ATAR Notes (1 out of 1 full-timers dedicated to the community woo) for 45(ish) hours a week, catch public transport for 3.5 hours every weekday because I'm scummy and never got my license, then spend the remaining amount of time with ma lovely gf. To sum life in a sentence -

"Ohgod I hope I'm doing this right ohgod"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version