Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 04:34:32 pm

Author Topic: ball on a string template  (Read 513 times)  Share 

Ninjamagics

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
ball on a string template
« on: August 15, 2019, 09:11:41 pm »
Hi, so im spending a disproportional amount of time per mark on questions revolving around a pole on a string(puns are lit). SO I was wondering if anyone has a template they use to quickly apply to these questions to save time rather figuring out what you have to do and apply each time like some kind of real physics student.

DrDusk

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +130
Re: ball on a string template
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 10:05:40 pm »
Hi, so im spending a disproportional amount of time per mark on questions revolving around a pole on a string(puns are lit). SO I was wondering if anyone has a template they use to quickly apply to these questions to save time rather figuring out what you have to do and apply each time like some kind of real physics student.
Good luck with that, until they throw you a curve ball question and the people who do it like 'real' physics students will be able to smash it.

Exams are designed in such a way that it's better to think like a Real Physics student, and the time limit accounts for this. Your choice but I don't have a template and neither have I ever used one. If you are spending too much time on it, then you haven't practiced enough. The more you think like a 'real' physics student, the faster you will become at solving these questions. Rote learning the material will come back to bite you when you realize they've given a question that you have never seen before.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 10:08:03 pm by DrDusk »