Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 10:24:47 pm

Author Topic: General or legal studies?  (Read 754 times)  Share 

lin1234

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
General or legal studies?
« on: September 05, 2020, 12:56:18 pm »
Hi guys,
I am currently a year 10 student and although subject selections have already been done and handed in, I am currently contemplating my decision of what I chose. The subjects I chose were 3/4 psychology, 1/2 Biology, 1/2 Maths methods, 1/2 Business management, 1/2 legal studies and 1/2 english. However, being the indecisive person I am, I have been seriously considering changing legal studies and in place doing General maths. I just wanted to know a few things though to confirm I actually want to change to general as if in the near future I regret it, I will seriously be very annoyed. Anyway, if any of you are doing methods and general at the same time, how do you find it? is it easy to manage? and also if you are doing legal is it a lot of work? as well as this a lot of people have told me I should just stick to legal as it gives me differentiation within the rest of my subjects, but in all honesty IDK!!! :'(
thank you !
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 01:01:28 pm by lin1234 »

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
Re: General or legal studies?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 01:57:37 pm »
+1
Hi guys,
I am currently a year 10 student and although subject selections have already been done and handed in, I am currently contemplating my decision of what I chose. The subjects I chose were 3/4 psychology, 1/2 Biology, 1/2 Maths methods, 1/2 Business management, 1/2 legal studies and 1/2 english. However, being the indecisive person I am, I have been seriously considering changing legal studies and in place doing General maths. I just wanted to know a few things though to confirm I actually want to change to general as if in the near future I regret it, I will seriously be very annoyed. Anyway, if any of you are doing methods and general at the same time, how do you find it? is it easy to manage? and also if you are doing legal is it a lot of work? as well as this a lot of people have told me I should just stick to legal as it gives me differentiation within the rest of my subjects, but in all honesty IDK!!! :'(
thank you !

Dpends on what your plans are for the future! As you are doing methods (i assume you will do methods 3/4 too?) I'd say choose the one you would enjoy more :)
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

homeworkisapotato

• MOTM: Aug 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +288
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2020, 02:59:29 pm »
+1
Hey! I'm doing general and methods, and I have friends doing Legal so I hope I can help. The workload is very easy to manage, as general and methods overlap a bit and the workload for general is very little. My friends say that the workload for legal is a lot, and you have to write a lot. Legal is good for the differentiation but in the end it's about your interests and strengths. Have a look at the study designs to see which one intrigues you more.

All the best!
2020: Biology [43]
2021: Methods, Chemistry, HHD, English, Further
Selective School Entry Tips

lin1234

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2020, 03:18:46 pm »
+1
Dpends on what your plans are for the future! As you are doing methods (i assume you will do methods 3/4 too?) I'd say choose the one you would enjoy more :)
Hey! I'm doing general and methods, and I have friends doing Legal so I hope I can help. The workload is very easy to manage, as general and methods overlap a bit and the workload for general is very little. My friends say that the workload for legal is a lot, and you have to write a lot. Legal is good for the differentiation but in the end it's about your interests and strengths. Have a look at the study designs to see which one intrigues you more.

All the best!
Thanks guys! I probably won't decide today but I might just send an email and see what fate decides ;D. I feel like I'm leaning more towards general as I have been thinking about wanting to do it for ages, and If I was really interested in legal I wouldn't of second guessed it.
I hope you guys have a good day!! :) :)