Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 03:45:47 am

Author Topic: Sad and confused 😗 ✌Further Sac scores and studyscore  (Read 2771 times)  Share 

winteryday

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Sad and confused 😗 ✌Further Sac scores and studyscore
« on: September 01, 2020, 09:01:27 pm »
Hi guys,
im currently stressing out because of my pretty bad further sac scores. I am in a pretty poorly ranked school (i dont know exactly what rank but i know it isnt up there with monash or nossal or anything) Anyway, so i got a 75 in the data sac and a 65 in the financial sac. Both of these sacs were extremely hard (but in terms of ranking in my cohort im in the top 2-5%) I did many practice sacs to prepare myself and got nearly 100% each time, so getting these scores were frustrating because i worked so hard and achieved so little.  Also there were like 30 pages of questions to do in like an hour (and im not exaggerating this (redacted) was hard. Am i allowed to swear here? im sorry im new lol. ).  Anyway i have one more sac to do this week and im hella worried. I just wanted to achieve a 45 ss but with these bad sac scores and a low ranking school i think it might be impossible. Do you think if i ace the exam i could possibly get a 45 ss? Tbh i just want to hear some encouraging news, i am literally on the verge of tears writing this, lol.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 08:58:56 am by winteryday »

plato

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +11
Re: Sad and confused 😗 ✌Further Sac scores and studyscore
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 08:54:32 pm »
+5
This is an attempt at explaining the process, but without covering some extra statistical procedures in the process.
Your actual SAC score is not really relevant since you deem yourself to have ranked in the top 2-5% of the cohort. The SAC score ranking is the important figure as this is used to work out what contribution your work at school makes to your study score.
SACs contribute up to 34% to your study score and your actual SAC score number does not figure in this calculation. That is because consistency between schools and the difficulty of their SACs and how they are assessed cannot be guaranteed.
The actual contribution, out of 34, is calculated from your school cohort’s actual examination scores and your ranking in SACS. For you, that number out of 34 will come from around the top 2-5% below the top of the range of exam scores your whole cohort will achieve in the two November exams.
Let’s say tha works out to be 80% for you. (Your highest ranked student would get the cohort’s highest exam score as his/her number)
So you will get 80% x 34 = 27.2 out of 34 toward your study score for SACs. In short, your cohort’s SAC marks do not matter, but the cohort’s exam results do matter, and determine the SAC component of the study score.
The remaining 66% of your study score is entirely up to you. This comes from your own actual exam scores that you can continue to work hard to ace in November. Each exam will contribute up to 33% to your study score, and these will be added to the 27.2 for your SACs.  Let’s say that, for you, that all totals 91.8. As this is a percentage, your study score would then be 45.9 out of 50.
If you can follow this explanation, you may see that achieving 45 is still within your reach. The only part you do not have a great deal of control over is how well your cohort will do in the exams. Just continue to do your own best.

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 09:08:55 pm »
+2
Also- try and help your classmates/encourage them to study etc. :)
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.

winteryday

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2020, 10:53:38 am »
This is an attempt at explaining the process, but without covering some extra statistical procedures in the process.
Your actual SAC score is not really relevant since you deem yourself to have ranked in the top 2-5% of the cohort. The SAC score ranking is the important figure as this is used to work out what contribution your work at school makes to your study score.
SACs contribute up to 34% to your study score and your actual SAC score number does not figure in this calculation. That is because consistency between schools and the difficulty of their SACs and how they are assessed cannot be guaranteed.
The actual contribution, out of 34, is calculated from your school cohort’s actual examination scores and your ranking in SACS. For you, that number out of 34 will come from around the top 2-5% below the top of the range of exam scores your whole cohort will achieve in the two November exams.
Let’s say tha works out to be 80% for you. (Your highest ranked student would get the cohort’s highest exam score as his/her number)
So you will get 80% x 34 = 27.2 out of 34 toward your study score for SACs. In short, your cohort’s SAC marks do not matter, but the cohort’s exam results do matter, and determine the SAC component of the study score.
The remaining 66% of your study score is entirely up to you. This comes from your own actual exam scores that you can continue to work hard to ace in November. Each exam will contribute up to 33% to your study score, and these will be added to the 27.2 for your SACs.  Let’s say that, for you, that all totals 91.8. As this is a percentage, your study score would then be 45.9 out of 50.
If you can follow this explanation, you may see that achieving 45 is still within your reach. The only part you do not have a great deal of control over is how well your cohort will do in the exams. Just continue to do your own best.
Damn I appreciate your comment , thanks for replying  :)

winteryday

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2020, 10:55:05 am »
Also- try and help your classmates/encourage them to study etc. :)
I love my classmates and want to encourage them, but a lot of people are going unscored and don't really care.  :(

colline

• MOTM: NOV 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • ♡ 2 Timothy 1:7 ♡
  • Respect: +512
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2020, 09:27:44 pm »
+1
Did you get your SAC papers back? It's super useful to look at what you can improve on for the future. Also, I highly highly recommend booking a time with your further teacher to go through everything in detail, if you can. :)

VCE: Literature [50] Methods [50] Further [48] Chemistry [40] Biology [33]
2022: Bachelor of Science (Mathematical Economics) @ ANU

winteryday

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2020, 02:33:33 pm »
Did you get your SAC papers back? It's super useful to look at what you can improve on for the future. Also, I highly highly recommend booking a time with your further teacher to go through everything in detail, if you can. :)
Yes , I'll definitely try to, but ngl covid is making it a little difficult to communicate with teachers .