Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 01:02:15 am

Author Topic: Feminism in GP?  (Read 3790 times)  Share 

dcesaona

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +24
Feminism in GP?
« on: May 14, 2018, 11:41:50 am »
Hey! My GP group is devised of 4 girls - we feel as though we should make use of this and have decided that we want to explore feminism through theatre. We all realise that it has been done plenty of times and the markers will definitely have seen it done before. My question is, what are the pros and cons of exploring feminism for the GP? I'm worried that we will put all this effort into an amazing script and performance, only for the marker to mark us down due to them having seen it done heaps before.

Thanks for the help!  :)
2018 HSC

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
Re: Feminism in GP?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 09:33:42 pm »
+1
Hey! My GP group is devised of 4 girls - we feel as though we should make use of this and have decided that we want to explore feminism through theatre. We all realise that it has been done plenty of times and the markers will definitely have seen it done before. My question is, what are the pros and cons of exploring feminism for the GP? I'm worried that we will put all this effort into an amazing script and performance, only for the marker to mark us down due to them having seen it done heaps before.

Thanks for the help!  :)
Hey! I don't think its necessarily a topic you should stray away from, you just need to make sure that your performance is unique! Approach it differently, look at other aspects of feminism that are maybe less discussed, and employ theatrical techniques that allow your performance to stand out :)

If you write an amazing script and pull off an amazing performance, the markers won't mark you down simply because you picked a common topic.
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

dcesaona

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +24
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 10:20:45 am »
Thanks! I feel more confident about it now. What are your opinions on focusing our GP around intersectional feminism? The idea that different facts (e.g. race, gender etc.) affects women's opportunities for equal rights? I feel like it's a lesser known/ lesser covered feminism topic.

Thank you for your help! Our GP group are determined to come up with an amazing GP!  :)
2018 HSC

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 04:25:50 pm »
Thanks! I feel more confident about it now. What are your opinions on focusing our GP around intersectional feminism? The idea that different facts (e.g. race, gender etc.) affects women's opportunities for equal rights? I feel like it's a lesser known/ lesser covered feminism topic.

Thank you for your help! Our GP group are determined to come up with an amazing GP!  :)
I think that could make for an awesome GP!
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!