Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 10:50:13 am

Author Topic: GP Problems  (Read 841 times)  Share 

drescaiep

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
GP Problems
« on: April 05, 2018, 12:37:36 pm »
Hi!
So I have been placed in my group for GP and I'm stressing about it so much (I can't change my group btw). The group I'm in - I'm the only girl in a group of guys who are all best friends. None of them are exactly "studios" and don't care about drama nor doing well. Plus, there are no "leaders" or "strong personalities" in our group to lead us forward. And I'm beyond annoyed at my teacher because we have so many strong personalities in our class who are full of energy, big ideas - and she went and put them all in the same group! But I mean, I can come up with some great GP ideas but all of my suggestions just get shrugged off. My group they love improvising (not something I love doing - it's not how I work best). I want to achieve a band 6 in drama soooo bad (I need it to scale well so I can get into the uni of my choice) and I feel like this is going to prevent me from getting that. I feel like the GP is just going to let me down now and I'm beyond anxious for it. I even feel nervous typing this.

I remember going to her with my concerns for GP in term 1 and I can recall her saying, "You are a great writer and that puts you in a strong position for where I place you in your GPs". So I now I just feel completely let down and like all my hopes flew out the window. Did/does anyone else in drama feel this way with their group? How did you overcome it and did you still do well? I'm so worried.  :-[

PLEASE HELP!!! All I need is some reassurance, tips, guidance, stories of similar experiences ! Anything at all would be much appreciated, you have no idea!

Mod edit: merged double post
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 11:05:38 am by Potatohater »

Potatohater

• Forum Leader
  • All the world's a stage & this is my improvisation
  • Respect: +302
Re: GP Problems
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 11:04:29 am »
+2
PLEASE HELP!!! All I need is some reassurance, tips, guidance, stories of similar experiences ! Anything at all would be much appreciated, you have no idea!

I didn't have an experience like this as I was in a group of strong personalities bit this is my advice:
- Go and talk to your teacher again now that you are in your groups. One of the other groups in my class consisted of 1 or 2 hard workers and the rest bludgers, and this is what they did. It didn't fix everything but it seemed to help.
- try and take charge and tell the others what to do. You might have to compromise on the importa thing though. Maybe say "right, we are gonna do somthing about ____(insert idea)_____ lets improv it" that way the group gets to improv whilst you also get to have the ideas and take charge to hopefully get a good mark
- another possibility is to write the script yourself and just force them to co-operate

I know the situation isn't ideal and I don't know how much experience you have with leadership but it sounds like an ordeal that needs to be dealt with by talking to the teacher again and some firm leadership. If there are no leaders in the group then it may aswell be you.

Good luck  :)
HSC 2017: Advanced English [85] General Maths [92] Biology [96] Geography [92] Drama [86]

2018: Bachelor of Arts and Advanced Studies at University of Sydney

-- need a tutor for any of the subjects listed above?? I reckon I'm the girl! Just message me on ATAR notes or here--