Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 05:03:57 pm

Author Topic: Whose going to the VCE physics lecture?  (Read 1516 times)  Share 

lolaishappy

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Art | English | Math Methods | Physics | Furthers
  • Respect: 0
  • School: BBC
  • School Grad Year: 2015
Whose going to the VCE physics lecture?
« on: December 31, 2014, 09:06:19 pm »
Just wondering who will attend this mystical day at melbourne uni? Still 86 tickets left  :-X
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 09:14:26 pm by lolaishappy »
Newb coming through

AirLandBus

Re: Whose going to the VCE physics lecture?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 09:13:52 pm »
Just wondering who will attend this mystical day at melbourne uni?

Indeed i will too be attending. Shall be interesting, first timer.

lolaishappy

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 09:15:12 pm »
Yea man first time too, hope I dont get lost
Newb coming through

AirLandBus

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 09:19:21 pm »
Yea man first time too, hope I dont get lost

Hahaha, pretty hard to get lost as far as im aware. TSFX sends out the maps and what not anyway so just follow that. Are you going to methods too? Internet high five for having the same subject selections! Accept Art, I did a folio subject this year and picked up IT Software as a filler. Good lukc with the folio! I'd strongly advise getting ahead and staying ahead, they are very time consuming. And follow the marking criteria to the point to save yourself wasting time on useless crap like i did for Wood tech. What have you been doing for holiday based work for physics?

lolaishappy

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 09:42:38 pm »
But TSFX isn't affliated with this lecture? Im on waiting list for methods, its SOLD out, so like half high 5 lol.  Yeah same art is a filler still dont know what to base my theme on, probably animals. I havnt done much on physics, textbook is so eh, doesnt have good explanotory solutions so Ima get the checkpoints for sure
Newb coming through

AirLandBus

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 10:30:22 pm »
But TSFX isn't affliated with this lecture? Im on waiting list for methods, its SOLD out, so like half high 5 lol.  Yeah same art is a filler still dont know what to base my theme on, probably animals. I havnt done much on physics, textbook is so eh, doesnt have good explanotory solutions so Ima get the checkpoints for sure

Hahaha, stupid me. Thought you were talking about the TSFX lectures. For the AN lectures ill be going to physics, but missed out on the methods one, hoping for a second round of tickets but might not be able to make it anyway. Yeah, im probs not even going to bother touching the textbook next year to be honest. Already done checkpoints for motion, just got to complete the forces questions - which ive got to go back over anyway (forces in general). Just purchased the Neap SAC revision book today, so that alongside Checkpoints will make up my sources for questions this year, alongside TSFX for notes.

lolaishappy

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 10:39:22 pm »
Doesn't your teacher mark your coursework and so will be checking that you have completed your textbook questions?
Newb coming through

AirLandBus

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2014, 11:16:00 pm »
Doesn't your teacher mark your coursework and so will be checking that you have completed your textbook questions?

Nope, not that im aware of. And if they have a problem ill explain the situation, that the textbook is crap and that im extending myself and would be wasting my time on the incredibly easy and repetitive textbook questions. If they continue to have a problem and fuss about it ill get my dad to have a chat to them. Knowing my physics teacher, who is quite young, he is not going to give two hoots. And hes always telling me if you can do the checkpoint questions then your well on your way. If he had his way he probs would just teach out of A+ and checkpoints TBH. Soooo, i should have a problem. I feel bad for you if you have a strict teacher that expects questions from the textbook done in year 12. Its your choice what you want to do in your final year of schooling and the way in which you want to go about it.

odeaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +28
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 01:03:28 pm »
I'll see you fellas there! I have had the same situation with the textbook being useless and irrelevant. and last year I only used the neap books all year which didn't hold me back at all (although our teacher wrote the neap books, so the sacs were pretty similar lol). 
VCE Class of 2015

Monash Uni

Orson

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2015, 11:30:21 am »
Yup...see you all there!
2015: VCE
2016: BCivEng(Hons)/BCom at MU

Feel free to PM me for your engineering queries