Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:05:04 am

Author Topic: How much of the textbook is actually necessary?  (Read 607 times)  Share 

JR_StudyEd

• MOTM: MAY 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Mental health is #1
  • Respect: +171
How much of the textbook is actually necessary?
« on: May 07, 2019, 02:24:16 am »
Is it true that a significant portion of what is written in the Cambridge Methods Textbook is completely irrelevant to the exam or even internal assessments? I have no time to even complete half of what we go over in class, given that our teacher goes over every. single. exercise. With that being said, what parts are important and which parts can I skip?
Listens to K-Pop (Twice, Red Velvet, MAMAMOO) and Christmas music all year round.

AlphaZero

• MOTM: DEC 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • \[\Gamma(z)\Gamma(1-z)=\frac{\pi}{\sin(\pi z)}\]
  • Respect: +160
Re: How much of the textbook is actually necessary?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 08:07:27 am »
Is it true that a significant portion of what is written in the Cambridge Methods Textbook is completely irrelevant to the exam or even internal assessments?

No, pretty much everything in the Cambridge Textbook is relevant.

I have no time to even complete half of what we go over in class, given that our teacher goes over every. single. exercise.

Doing every question set by your teacher is a useless task. Do exercise questions until you are confident that you sufficiently understand the concept(s) taught in that exercise. Then, attempt a few past exam questions so you can learn how you will be tested in those concepts.

You should note that a good chunk of the questions in the textbook aren't similar to what you would see on an exam. As the name suggests, they are exercise questions - they are to help you understand the concepts. Exam questions are what will test your level of understanding.

With that being said, what parts are important and which parts can I skip?

Skipping anything is not a great idea at all.
2015\(-\)2017:  VCE
2018\(-\)2021:  Bachelor of Biomedicine and Mathematical Sciences Diploma, University of Melbourne