Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 05:18:50 am

Author Topic: any kwong lee dow hopefuls?  (Read 22605 times)

M.ahmed

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: any kwong lee dow hopefuls?
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2019, 06:01:37 pm »
+3
Congratulations! I got in too.  :) I found it weird that the website said they would release results on Friday and then they sent them out yesterday but whatever, I'm happy I got in.

That makes three of us! I honestly thought it may have been a mistake since the results came out early but I am pleasantly surprised. Can't wait for the welcome event ;D

ethereality

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2020, 07:47:02 pm »
+1
Hello! I am in year 10 and I would like to ask you about extra programs I could do, like the KLD.
Also, may I know what the AN program represents for and means?

Thank you!

Duck Tails

• Trailblazer
  • she/her
  • Respect: +40
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2020, 03:50:48 pm »
Hello! I am in year 10 and I would like to ask you about extra programs I could do, like the KLD.
Also, may I know what the AN program represents for and means?

Thank you!

Pretty sure AN is AtarNotes (could be wrong though).
I second this - what other programs do unis have like KLD? Also, is there anything we can do besides putting in the work + talking to our teachers about KLD to 'up our chances' of getting in?
KLD Class of 2022
VCE 2021: Biology [41], Religion and Society [34]
2022: Chemistry, Methods, Revolutions, English Language

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2020, 04:03:29 pm »
+1
Pretty sure AN is AtarNotes (could be wrong though).
I second this - what other programs do unis have like KLD? Also, is there anything we can do besides putting in the work + talking to our teachers about KLD to 'up our chances' of getting in?
Yep, AN is atarnotes and I would say do a couple of extracurriculars (obvs not possible now during covid-19)/ list any that you've done in previous years and if you've had any leadership roles write those down too.

marble2

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +14
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2020, 03:11:23 pm »
Hi, just wondering if there was any way I could submit an application without school endorsement? My school refused to give it to me as there were many people from my school looking for endorsement.  :(  Really want to be a part of this program.
2020: Philosophy
2021: English | Literature | Biology
2022: Mathematical Methods | Psychology | Chemistry

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2020, 05:39:53 pm »
Hi, just wondering if there was any way I could submit an application without school endorsement? My school refused to give it to me as there were many people from my school looking for endorsement.  :(  Really want to be a part of this program.
Hey,
this is probably a bit too late but I think that you need to be endorsed by your school in order to submit an application. (I think each school can endorse a maximum of 5 people).

Maybe you could have a look at Monash Uni's Scholar's program(https://www.monash.edu/study/why-choose-monash/information-for-high-achieving-students/monash-scholars) or if you're listed as part of Monash's list of disadvantaged schools, you could have a look at their SEAMS program (https://www.monash.edu/access/outreach/seams).

Honestly, I wouldn't be too disappointed that you couldn't get into this program especially with coronavirus because I'm part of the program and other than the welcoming sessions that we had last year in December at Uni of Melbourne, we more or less haven't done anything as part of the program (there were events planned in April but they had to be cancelled because of COVID).