Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 08:55:08 am

Author Topic: subject selection - art or science?  (Read 3422 times)

hazle23

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
subject selection - art or science?
« on: March 07, 2021, 12:41:23 am »
Heyyy,
I'm in year 10 currently and doing accl psych which I'm really enjoying. I want to aim to get into medicine but am also looking at paramedicine or teaching (basically; want to keep doors open)

currently, I'm thinking of doing
- psych
- french
- methods
- chemistry
- english

But I don't know whether to do aus history, studio arts or bio for the last subject. I'm good at science, art, and english (essay writing) so I know I could pick any.

But what I'm worried about for each is that I would be doing bio in year 12 and I've seen a lot of ppl say that if ur gonna do it, you gotta do it accelerated but I don't want to switch from psych (but I want to do it because although it doesn't sound interesting I've heard if you want to go into medicine you should do it).

Aus history doesn't seem that interesting content wise (only 3/4 history offered by my school) and whilst I think I would enjoy studio arts I know it's a heap of work and I don't know if I'd be able to handle it with my other subjects especially since I really want a high ATAR (96+ at least) and art subjects are notorious for being super hard to get a good mark on.

I also keep a pretty busy schedule, in year 12 I plan to be doing ensembles, tutoring, working, umpiring and doing school/club sport (is this completley unrealistic, bc it's beginning to sound a bit like that, currently I do maybe 10-12 hours of sport, the school musical (2 hours), 3 hours of ensembles, 2-4 hours of umpiring and 8-17 hours of work (plus 2 hours of volunteer tutoring), so I'd be cutting down from that which I handle generally ok with a year 10 workload - how much should I go down?)

Current plan is to do studio arts 1/2, see if I suck at it and if so switch to bio/history. Any opinions would be appreciated.