Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:50:54 pm

Author Topic: I'm screwed  (Read 1742 times)  Share 

jellybean1029

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Viewbank college
  • School Grad Year: 2017
I'm screwed
« on: June 22, 2017, 07:33:00 pm »
Long story short, this year has been my worst academic year of my life. I haven't gotten above 72% in any of my sacs. I've failed two sacs so far this year. I'm so disappointed in myself especially in Legal which is the subject I try hardest for. I had a business management sac last week and by that point I had just given up and I ended up failing it. I feel so stupid when I go to school since the majority of my peers are getting A's on their sacs and teachers hype our result after we do our sac and I end up getting 65%. I haven't properly studied in a week because I have completely lost all motivation. I've even stayed home instead of going to class because I can't bear people asking what i got on my sac. The only way my ATAR is even saveable is if I somehow get A's on my sacs next term which probably won't happen. Should I just give up?

miguel_1

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +16
Re: I'm screwed
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 07:45:52 pm »
+10
Never give up!

Your SACs are only a small portion of your ATAR. If you are in Unit 3, you still have Unit 4 and the exam to boost up your study score. Don't compare yourself to others and just focus on improving yourself. Positive mindset is key. As long as you try your best, you will be fine.

Spoiler
You can do it!  ;D
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 07:59:32 pm by miguel_1 »
2018: Biology & LOTE

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 07:53:24 pm »
+12
Hey,

I was in your position last year. I had disappointing SAC marks, and at my worse point, I went three weeks straight without studying. I lost all motivation until a few weeks before my exams, where I studied my ass off, and managed to gain a decent score.

I found that the longer I put off starting again, the worse it got. The more time I had off school, the more anxious I felt about returning. It's a bit like pulling off a band-aid -- you do it fast, rather than slow. Rather than waiting for another day, week, or even month to start something, you've got to do something right now, even if it is something small, like reading through your notes or laying out your uniform for tomorrow.

You don't have to tell anybody your SAC mark. Don't feel obligated to.

Your ATAR IS salvageable. Your exams count for a lot. Additionally, there are always other avenues into your chosen pathway -- you can always find a way in.

Remember, ATAR Notes is always here to support you or help you with concepts in your subjects. Your teachers are there for you too -- reach out to them.

The important thing is to start as soon as possible.
🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢

zhen

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • The world is a bitter place
  • Respect: +338
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 07:55:42 pm »
+8
There's always a chance redeem yourself. Even if you don't get an A, if you can improve yor marks a bit, it'll still help your study score. Whether you improve 10% at a time or 2% at a time, as long as you put in the effort and gradually improve each time and take the effort to find out why you're not getting the desired marks. If you think you're not trying hard enough, just put an extra 30 minutes of studying every night, which isn't much and you'll probably see an improvement after a while. If it isn't that you're not putting in the effort then find the source of your problems and rectify it. Right now, probably only 25% worth of your assessments are finished because the exam is worth so much. You have heaps of time and assessments to improve and if you can get where you want to be by exam time, then you can improve your marks a lot because of the large weighting placed on exams. Over the last few days, I also felt like giving up, but I realise that giving up now would waste all the effort I put in the past and instead of giving up I've decided to study harder and smarter to improve myself and my marks. Basically just don't give up.

S200

• Part of the furniture
  • Yeah well that happened...
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 11:18:48 pm »
+2
Long story short, this year has been my worst academic year of my life. I haven't gotten above 72% in any of my sacs. I've failed two sacs so far this year. I'm so disappointed in myself especially in Legal which is the subject I try hardest for. I had a business management sac last week and by that point I had just given up and I ended up failing it. I feel so stupid when I go to school since the majority of my peers are getting A's on their sacs and teachers hype our result after we do our sac and I end up getting 65%. I haven't properly studied in a week because I have completely lost all motivation. I've even stayed home instead of going to class because I can't bear people asking what i got on my sac. The only way my ATAR is even saveable is if I somehow get A's on my sacs next term which probably won't happen. Should I just give up?
Hey Jellybean...
Know exactly where you're coming from. The rest of the class getting A+'s? Wait till the teachers are using one student's work as the marking guide for the Methods SAC's, and giving their practice essays out as exemplars for how to do Language analysis... That really pisses you off!!

All I can say is you can't give up.
Personally I'll take away from this thread the eighth point in Miguel's pic, and keep Calebark's statement in mind...
I found that the longer I put off starting again, the worse it got ... It's a bit like pulling off a band-aid -- you do it fast, rather than slow. Rather than waiting for another day, week, or even month to start something, you've got to do something right now, even if it is something small, like reading through your notes or laying out your uniform for tomorrow.
The important thing is to start as soon as possible.

But that's just me... :D
Carpe Vinum

\(\LaTeX\) - \(e^{\pi i }\)
#ThanksRui! - #Rui\(^2\) - #Jamon10000

5233718311 :D

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 12:04:38 am »
+3
What this thread says to me is that - you've got a lot of support available here. You can do it :)
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️