Uni Stuff > General University Discussion and Queries

Can Bachelor of Science be used to pathway?

(1/1)

h0wLze:
Hey,

I'm in year 11, and really want to do radiography and medical imaging at Monash. Unfortunately, I don't meet the Methods prerequisite required for the course. I was wondering if it would be possible for me to pathway into it by getting sufficient avg results in a Bachelor of Science. If not, what are my options?

Thanks.

codsta769:
Hi H0wLze,

I'm a Business student so it might be a little bit different, but the rules for transferring into other courses are pretty much the same everywhere. It all depends on the the BScience major subjects that you chose. If your major is somewhat associated with radiograohy, then it is likely that you would be able to transfer if results are sufficient without having to lose time/waste money for obsolete subjects that will not move along to your new degree. One of my friends was doing B Economics and transferred into a B Business after his first year but kept Economics as his major for his new degree meaning the subjects he did in his first year in another degree, still count towards his major in his new course. It can be a little confusing at times and is a little hard to explain because the way Uni works is very different to High School.

Also, it depends on what Monash University sets the bar as for results minimum for transfers which is not always made publicly available. My advice would be definitely to seek advice from a careers adviser from your school for this issue.

AngelWings:
Think I answered another of your posts relatively recently re: similar issue.

I'd recommend that you check here and here for information on internal transfers (basically transferring from one degree at Monash to another) for Radiography. I'd also get in contact with Monash to confirm the provided and this information I've giving you, but it looks like you'l have to cover the Methods prereq through a first year uni equivalent (likely MTH1010) and still have competitive grades and possibly ATAR. The minimum is a 70+ WAM, but "competitive" grades are often 75+ WAM, which is typically above average.   

Other options might be transferring through other health-related/ allied health degrees, doing an accepted undergrad degree and approaching a postgrad version of the course, or find a bridging course, if that's possible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version